Finally... I'm making

frylinck

When the quarantine here began back in March I was just a lurker and collector. But all of the extra time at home gave me a chance to clean up my workshop and get me to start actually making.

I made the miniaturization chips from Innerspace (1987):
IMG_20200220_103308.jpg

The improvised garage gun from Real Men (1987). Its not 100% screen accurate, but pretty darn close.:

IMG_20200717_114430.jpg

I am almost done with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975). I made it out of steel to give it some realistic heft. Now I am just waiting on the last CZ stones to finish it off. Again, I took some liberties, but it is pretty close.:
IMG_20200717_151253.jpg
IMG_20200829_174331.jpg

And I am just starting the rough layout in order to carve the Olmec plank from a chunk of cedar. This definitely won't be totally screen accurate, but it will be a totally new skill set.:
IMG_20200829_213419.jpg

IMG_20200829_214359.jpg

And I have some obsidian coming to me with hopes to make Zero Wolf's Dagger from Apocalypto. We'll see.

I have found an even greater respect to all the crafts people here who spend so much time on the forensics and construction of all of the amazing works in this forum. A tip of the cap to all of you!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back