Finally got around to painting my bio (Updated 7-29!)

Tsurabisu

Hey, all! Since my laser shroud finally came in the mail, I was able to paint up my bio today. For a while, I was debating if I wanted it clean, or a more beat up look. So after my primer dried, I used a chrome auto spray paint to see what it looked like, and honestly, I thought it was just too bright.

Start.jpg

So after it dried, I decided to just start washing it with black over and over, let it start to dry and then wipe it off to make sure it got into the little groves and also darkened the chrome up quite a bit.
Blades.jpg

I liked the way it was coming out, so I just pretty much kept that up for a few hours. In between coats, I mixed some browns and reds up into some nice rust colors and wiped that into some of the bigger "Cracks" that showed up. It really started lookin' good.
SideView.jpg

Front.jpg

Twothirds.jpg

Sidebyside.jpg

Mempo.jpg

At that point, I felt I was just about done, but it was missing something. So, I went back in and actually made temper lines along the blades, making it look like folded steel blades.
Here's a close up of the temper line. You can also see some of the rust spots on the side blade.

Blade.jpg

Now, once everything dries, I can put a clear coat on and then put in the lens.

Let me know what ya think! Good? Bad? Let's hear some feedback!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Predators!!!!!

awesome original concept, i love the look of it, and the paint job is great too!
now put that bad boy on a suit and take pictures of it!

:rolleyes: :D (y)

hey you going to make Shredder armour too?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Predators!!!!!

awesome original concept, i love the look of it, and the paint job is great too!
now put that bad boy on a suit and take pictures of it!

:rolleyes: :D (y)

hey you going to make Shredder armour too?

It's going to be Shredder themed, yes. The gauntlets and leg armor are going to be based on the movie.
Shred_armor.jpg

shredder_costume.jpg

For the chest armor and neck ring, I'm going to base it off of Japanese armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my LEDs from Jason, and I gotta say they're amazing! I heard they'd be bright, but I had no idea they could light up a room! Jeez! I just finished mounting them in my bio and snapped a few pics. Whacha think?

Sidejpg.jpg

jpg.jpg

(Bam! Head shot!)
Frontjpg.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back