Finally found a Die Hard Radio need framing advice

Seville

Hello everyone,

I finished a movie room and wanted some replica props to go in it. I wanted a Planet Hollywood theme. I am a ham radio operator and went on one of the Ham Radio Forums and found a great condition Kenwood TH-21BT. This was the radio that Hans used during the movie. Bruce Willis used a different one (in reality they wouldn't be able to communicate because they were on different bands) I cleaned it up with mild soap and then put some Vaseline on it and wiped it off and it looked shiny and new. I took the rubber ducky antenna apart and painted the orange bands (144 mhz) to green ones like the one on the movie (440 mhz). They just put a smaller antenna on it to make it look cooler but it wouldn't function with that antenna. I mounted it up in a shadow box, but I do not know which picture to put in it. Should I go with the one with the photo of the actual screen shot radio (although that antenna is a little shorter) or the one with three photos of Hans talking? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2015-09-12 14.01.53.jpg
    2015-09-12 14.01.53.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20150912_135933.jpg
    20150912_135933.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
  • 2015-09-12 08.36.41.jpg
    2015-09-12 08.36.41.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 118
Personally I think the text is a bit misleading, "Walkie-Talkie Used During Filming" implies it's the original prop.

Its for my movie room, so my friends and I will be the only ones seeing it, technically it is the same make and model used during the movie, I agree there may be a bit of trickery involved. My question was what photo scene do you think looks the best?

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back