Finally finishing my Cooper Crawler - Done!

OTnROTSfan

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So my Cooper Crawler has been assembled, basecoated, and taking up my assembly bench since New Years... need the bench room to finish "that other big project"... so time to paint the beast.

Had to do some "fitment" and extra pinning work on the back end and replace the upper back shelf, but other than that it came together ok.

SCBuild011_sm.jpg

SCBuild014_sm.jpg

SCBuild016_sm.jpg

SCBuild021_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Finally finishing my Cooper Crawler

Some lighting, extra parts, and basecoating... I put a hatch on the top to get at the wires. Thought about cutting open the non-hero side, like the original, but thought better of it...

SCBuild036_sm.jpg

SCBuild046_sm.jpg

SCBuild053_sm.jpg

SCBuild063_sm.jpg

Now it just wouldn't be right if I didn't so some sort of diorama... :love

Threw this together for a nice compact base...

SCBuild067_sm.jpg

SCBuild074_sm.jpg

SCBuild090_sm.jpg

SCBuild094_sm.jpg

SCBuild096_sm.jpg

SCBuild097_sm.jpg

And FINALLY started to paint it... got the top almost done here... with some real dusk lighting...

SCBuild099_sm.jpg

SCBuild102_sm.jpg

SCBuild106_sm.jpg

Back end coming along and practicing on the left rear section (that won't really be seen on display)... getting the hang of it... more to come.

SCBuild107_sm.jpg

Very cool! Are those Micro Machine Jawas or did they come with the kit?

Yes, they are MM ones... I shaved them down a little and repainted them to at least get them a little closer to scale. Several had the guns reconfigured, too, to give some variety. Seem to work ok. For the R2 I had to cut the front leg off, then cut the legs off and move them back straight up and down and repaint...

Thanks. My airbrush was acting up again, so did a bunch by hand, but still in the home stretch now. I just have the orange and white/gray rust spotting left, for the most part, and then some final sand-blown spots. Finally had some good sun, so snapped a few outside pics.

SCBuild110b_sm.jpg

SCBuild111b_sm.jpg

SCBuild112_sm.jpg

Getting there...

SCBuild114_sm.jpg

Absolutely incredible! The number of times i cried out with each passing pic!

I'm stunned, even my wife was impressed with the Jawas in the control room!!!!

Rich

looking great! I love the addition of the jawas...it gives it a nice scaling and you can really tell how big the SC really is

******** it .. I need weathering classes!!!

Very nice model .. 2x :thumbsup

Thanks all... the weathering has been actually quite enjoyable on this one.

Got the rusty orange/yellow put on... took about five tries to get the mix I liked... first too orange, then too yellow. Too orange... too yellow... :angry

Finally went with some thicker craft-store acrylics: Tangerine (2 parts) and Kings Gold (1 part), plus some weathering powders mixed in.

SCBuild116_sm.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back