finally building my own p1 suit

Dark predator

after months and months trawlling these pages i thought i'd try my hand at building my very own pred suit!

ive made a start, and already have a shoulder cannon/caster, wrist gauntlets, P1 closed mouth mask (mannowar) and some dreads

compliment of Lee aka (Skunk).

i live in england so alot of the products like proa side and permawet arnt available to us over here so any advice on painting tips would be greatly appreciated!!

any ways i will post up more of my work when i get there, as my mr i suit is up ready for latex..... so thats my next big job!

here are a few pics

regards

ben

CIMG7083.JPG

CIMG7082.JPG

CIMG7084.JPG

CIMG7085.JPG

CIMG7087.JPG

CIMG7089.JPG

also couple of extra pics of head/mask and mr i with 1st latex layer applied....

im going for a P1 predator with a few slight differences, if after its built and there are things i'm not happy with i will address accordingly..

any help or suggestions welcome

CIMG7079.JPG

CIMG7090.JPG

CIMG7091.JPG

CIMG7092.JPG

over the last couple of days been concentrating on my mr i suit.

latexing the suit, im currently on layer 3 to which ive added ochre yellow, to hopefully get away from the mr i red.

ive also made a custom chest and attached to the suit, along with a few bumps on the tops of the shoulders

who knew working with latex could be so much fun! and stinky! ...

CIMG7098.JPG

CIMG7099.JPG

Hiya mate,

Im new here too, and from the UK, Im in a similar position, found this site and have been fixed to it since, only just started collecting Pred bits and bobs.

Your suit looks to be coming along great, I'll keep my eye on this thread :)

Michael.

right guys,

after a few weeks, i finally got my airbrush and compressor, paints etc etc

i have sprayed up my mask, this is my first ever attempt at 1) airbrushing 2) painting a pred face mask

few pics

CIMG7115.JPG

CIMG7116.JPG

CIMG7117.JPG

CIMG7118.JPG

Everything looks great so far. Good to see more and more people getting into the "Hunter" Spirit....LOL....Predators will own this Halloween...... :)

Keep it coming brotha and Welcome to The Hunters Lair.

just q quick update.....

finally added all the spots to the mask.....and added most teeth, but awating some liquitex to seal it all, before i add the tusks..

also have finsihed latexing my mr i suit, and have currently laid a full opaque base coat ready for painting....

a few pics of the mask....... i also have to add some more quills and obviously my dreads....

fin1.jpg

fin2.jpg

crown_finished.jpg

another quick update....

just finished the base coat for the mr i suit, so hopefully the next couple of weeks i will be painting him up..

to match my mannowar P1 mask, and then hopefully adding some armour, hands and feet to complete this beast!

couple of pics of mr i......

update...

today i have spent about 5 hours on my mr i suit, laying an all over white base coat, then sanding and defining the muscles, then moved onto light brown.
again defining and adding some mid layer spots....

i still have to do, dark brown layer, then mixed brown/black layer then add spots to the whole suit...

its gonna take a while i think...

a few pics from this afternoon

IMG00055_20101028_1408.jpg

IMG00056_20101028_1408.jpg

IMG00058_20101029_1758.jpg

IMG00059_20101029_1758.jpg

right ive pulled a couple of really long nights over the last week...

ive now managed to add the mandibles and tusks to the mask, gett most of the front half of my mr i suit nearly there...

so just a couple of update pics for you all....

regards...

IMG00063_20101104_1425.jpg

IMG00064_20101104_1425.jpg

IMG00062_20101104_1307.jpg

IMG00061_20101104_1306.jpg

hello bud its coming along great!im in the uk and also in a similar situation!keep in touch and we can help each other,iv got experience with the airbrush so if there is anything there i could help with feel free to ask.iv been humming and haring as whether to go with the mr i suit or not but yours has tuned out nice and it might sway me!

keep me posted bud.

the main reason i went with the mr i suit, was the prices of a full skin.....

and looking at the mr i huntorial i thought id try my hand, but my way...

actually for the price it didnt cost that much to do, just very time consuming, as to date its taken almost three months, and yet i havent completed a piece.

as im working on different parts at the same time....

but i do appreicate the support from the uk....

as we dont have access to half the stuff the boyz in the states have!

regards

Dark Predator

the main reason i went with the mr i suit, was the prices of a full skin.....

and looking at the mr i huntorial i thought id try my hand, but my way...

actually for the price it didnt cost that much to do, just very time consuming, as to date its taken almost three months, and yet i havent completed a piece.

as im working on different parts at the same time....

but i do appreicate the support from the uk....

as we dont have access to half the stuff the boyz in the states have!

regards

Dark Predator

yeah i know im in a similar situation,iv got most of the stuff made or bought already but i have not started the skins,i was gonna buy a batman style muscle suit for 200 quid but im not sure its gonna look 200 quid better if ya know what i mean.

yeah!

but ull get a better platform to work on than a mr i suit.....especially if its a latex batsuit!

half the work is already done for you......just painting it up and tayloring it to fit perfect.......id have gone this way. budget wouldnt allow it...lol

good luck with ur build though, and post up some pics so i can have a look.....

regards

Dark pred

right guys n galls,

a major update here now, ive been really busy with work and family life so havent been able to work on him much....

however i have managed to finish the head, minus a few dreads, and a bio..... but its painted and sealed....

also the mr i suit is completly painted and sealed now, but needs another sealant coat i think...

but i put the mannowar armour on just to see the fit.....must say its pretty damn close...

whaat dya think ???

IMG00065_20101119_1256.jpg

IMG00067_20101119_1258.jpg

IMG00068_20101119_1258.jpg

Hell yeah man! That is the kind of color scheme i went with my suit! I LOVE the details you got with the tiny spots. Must have taken a lot of time! The head looks wicked.

gees,

thanx guys really appreciate the positive comments,

yeah its taken a long time to do the spots and paint up.......about 3 months for the body and about 3 weeks for the head..

ive still got to add another 20 dreads to the head, then all the dread rings to complete the head...

i still have to aquire...

1 x P1 bio
2 x thigh armour
1 x belt and buckle
1 x leather flap
1 x set of P1 hands
1 x set of P1 feet
1 x set of P1 shin and knee armour
1 x med/back pack

so as u see im still miles off yet......

but i am getting there....

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back