Finally! a GREAT place to get mannequins online for cheap!

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
YAY.....

Got an early birthday present this year. After suffering for the last few months, a little pick me up gift was sent to me, and it came in last week. I finally got some spare time to set it up, and DAMN it is cool.

heres the site pic of it :

[attachmentid=8593]

and my horrible cell phone pic of a somewhat cool yet ghetto superman costume on it.

[attachmentid=8594]

I still haven't figure out the shoe rod bit, as it makes him lean over to the left, but all in all I am very very happy with it. 99 bucks and shipping. (From NY to me in Louisiana was $27) You can't beat that. Shoe and calf rod hookup, as well as the base for it. He/It stands about 6 foot and some change. A little taller than me (I am 6'), but has kind of tiny feet.

All in all, pretty nice setup for a damned good price. I couldn't ask for a better early birthday ;)

The website? StudioRox

hope this helps out someone in need of a cool looking display.

:D

Chris

If you click on the link to buy it, you will see a new page with the listing as 99$ :), it is the one under "Male" on the side, not the actual picture.

It took me by surprise too :lol

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ Jun 19 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1264136[/snapback]</div>
If you click on the link to buy it, you will see a new page with the listing as 99$ :), it is the one under "Male" on the side, not the actual picture.

It took me by surprise too :lol

Chris
[/b]

what are you talkin about thats the first thing i thought when i saw this...

vader on tantive 4 when he cocks his hip and puts his hand on his sides... hey its even tilted.

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ Jun 19 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1264095[/snapback]</div>
[attachmentid=8594]

[/b]

Hmmm... Looks like Supes needs to hit the gym

Just kidding :lol

This is some good info. Thanks for sharing the source.

ayw, fiberglass.

and yes, the cartoon ones are freaking sadistic creepy.

thank god for helmets or hacksaws. they be the things nightmares be made of. yarr.

chris

i think canada has a 15$ fee on top of the shipping....

try asking em though, great sales guys
chris

How does one go about getting a custom pose? I'd really like the Boba Fett ESB hallway pose. The one where he is holding the rifle up in the firing position.

Steve

great link, thanks

anyone had any experience cutting and adjusting these things? (for varying poses)

i am in the early stages of trying to find a mannequin for trooper armor...

thanks again.

brad

<div class='quotetop'>(darthwhitey @ Jun 22 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1265870[/snapback]</div>
great link, thanks

anyone had any experience cutting and adjusting these things? (for varying poses)

i am in the early stages of trying to find a mannequin for trooper armor...

thanks again.

brad
[/b]

Yeah..Used to work in a mannequin factory (among other wierd jobs) ..Most are pretty thin fiberglass, usually shredded glass, not mat...they'll shatter & chip when you cut them, but just work them like any other fiberglass project..Also the hardware for the limbs is made specifically for quick changing store display clothes and is not made to fasten securely. You might want to add bolts or glue together. A lot of full-bodies will have only one leg posable.
Find one as close as possible to your needs.. The custom job sounds like a good idea, but I thought the same thing about the "Vader" one...
Jayn

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back