So, I have a little project on my table for a client I am really loving, and I thought I'd post where I am now and what I've done. This is for the Light Staff from FF XI, which some of you may have seen before as Volpin has created one of these as well. I made it a point to try to interpret the design a little differently, which was easy since the model is so very low poly. I drafted up a design in photoshop and printed it out, then tacked it onto some plywood and cut the base out on the scroll saw, then used styrene guides to build up the basic skeleton. Then...bondo time. Bondo, dremel, sand, bondo, dremel, sand, calipers, sand, sand. I also used half of a plastic ornament for the orb. Primed and ready to embellish, this is the happiest I've been with a bondo surface yet: Using puff paint to draw the filigree (I know, ghetto, but it works): 1/8 in half round styrene for the straight lines, I have had more trouble getting this to stay glued down. More and more styrene and paint. I actually started making puff paint decals using tracing paper and tape, that way I could perfectly mirror the designs, well..almost perfectly. It's been a heck of a learning experience, but I'm pleased so far, hoping to have it ready to mold by the weekend.