Final Fantasy Deadeyes Soldier Helmet

What are DeadEyes? Do you mean DeepEyes? from the first FF movie? The only people I know that made them were Hanger18 and they don't sell them, it was a personal project.

check ebay, a guy i knew since moved sells them and the suit. Its on there every other week or so. Youll have to paint it yourself thou, or find someone if u cant...

<div class='quotetop'>(SmilingOtter @ Jul 10 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]1278068[/snapback]</div>
The Deep Eyes guys from the "Spirits Within"? Try www.nightmarearmorstudios.com (It's not coming up for me right now for some reason.)
[/b]

Nice site, though I'm having some issues myself bringing up some of the Flash. Has anyone dealt with nightmarearmor before? I emailed them asking if they could make a custom commander cody helmet. I really want one, and can't seem to find someone to make it. (Wish I was more skilled at this sort of thing myself, but unfortunately not.)

IIRC nightmarearmor is another vaporware company and any of the items that where produced where total crap.

They where discussed on this board a few years ago.

D6

I saw their Deep Eyes armor a few years ago at Dragon*Con, and more recently they had several Halo/Master Chief/Spartan/whatever suits there, and they looked fantastic. Not having dealt with them, I can't comment on customer service, durability of the suits, or accuracy, though.

Their Master Chief suits weren't very realistic looking, and they totally lacked a proper undersuit. Their only distinction was having done it first. Their original DeepEyes Armor from Final Fantasy was a nice piece, but they were famous for being unreliable with delivering copies of their product to anyone else. I heard many stories from buyers of the shoddy workmanship and unfilled orders. I would be very hesitant about ordering anything from them.

~ GM

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 12 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1279442[/snapback]</div>
Their Master Chief suits weren't very realistic looking, and they totally lacked a proper undersuit. Their only distinction was having done it first. Their original DeepEyes Armor from Final Fantasy was a nice piece, but they were famous for being unreliable with delivering copies of their product to anyone else. I heard many stories from buyers of the shoddy workmanship and unfilled orders. I would be very hesitant about ordering anything from them.

~ GM
[/b]

Aye be very heistant. They were famous for putting up pics of the Hangar18 suit and claiming it was theirs. H18 did the suit first. They followed. Their stuff was great looking from a distance...up close it was very rough and poorly put together.

So based on the feedback it seems like the word is to stay clear of nightmarearmor.

So to try to help both devil-man87 and myself on our respective quests, can anyone else make a recomendation on who to go to for custom helmets?

Nightmarearmor didn't work for me anyway, the email I got back from them was that they didn't do star wars. So I am still on a quest to find someone who will make me a commander cody helmet. :(

<div class='quotetop'>(growltyger @ Jul 12 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1279693[/snapback]</div>
Nightmarearmor didn't work for me anyway, the email I got back from them was that they didn't do star wars. So I am still on a quest to find someone who will make me a commander cody helmet. :(
[/b]

Idiots. Those guys wouldn't recognize Commander Cody if he landed on them.

cody.jpg

Greetings,
I would be very happy to sell you a "DeadEyes" helmet, LOL. Seriously though, I am considering doing a small run of this helmet for interested parties.
I would also be interested in making that Commander Cody helmet.
Hangar 18 is a very busy place right now, and I have a few projects to finish before tackling anything else. I never want to be categorized in the "vapor props" club, so I try not to take on any projects from the forums while I have a legit gig in my shop.
You can e-mail me if you'd like: hanger18studios@yahoo.com
Scott

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back