Films you like, but shouldn't...

PHArchivist

Master Member
Or, I suppose, your "Guilty Pleasure" films. The movies pretty much everybody pans, but you still get a kick out of.

I'm pretty sure we've done this topic before, but its always a bit intriguing to revisit.

So...

Yes - I'll admit it. I have fun watching WaterWorld and Wild Wild West.

Both have considerable production value and rich production design, have multiple custom and interesting props, feature top-rated actors with decent performances, etcetera...

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes; never understood the hate, but at least one thing everyone can agree on is that Rick Baker's make-up was stunning ;)

I also liked Bobcat Goldthwait's Shakes The Clown (AKA, The Last Temptation of Bozo :lol). Mediocre film, but it always gives me a laugh.

I also enjoy the guilty pleasure of the AVP movies.

Also quite a few of those 80's actioners with Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson, Ahhhhnold and the like.

Gettysburg and Gods and and Generals. They are exercises in pedantic by the numbers filmmaking and editing, but there are so few American Civil War films.

And I liked City Heat. Eastwood and Reynolds. They should've done more together, if for no reason than to get the taste of this one out of their mouths, but I like it while few others do.

I know the lost world and JP3 get a lot of hate, But I have always liked those movies.

Spiderman 3. I understand why people didn't like it, But I thought that venom was cool and the black suit spider was fine.

Undercover Brother and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I'm not even allowed to wath them in the living room on the super large screen. I'm banished to the trophy room to watch them down there. :lol

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes; never understood the hate, but at least one thing everyone can agree on is that Rick Baker's make-up was stunning ;)

I also liked Bobcat Goldthwait's Shakes The Clown (AKA, The Last Temptation of Bozo :lol). Mediocre film, but it always gives me a laugh.

LOVED Shakes the Clown!

:lol 2nd movie I worked on!

You worked on it? Sorry I still don't know everyone on here yet- are you an actor? Crew?
You know why I like Van Damme in that movie? He hardly has any lines. Serious-- just like Arnold in The Terminator, he has a much more bad-ass demeanor when he's not running around with that heavy accent all the time. I think Van Damme is the coolest in this movie out of all he's done!
Plus that movie is like a mix of Van Damme and Fallout-- which is awesome :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back