Phoenix654

Recently got one of Todd's Costumes' Indiana Jones satchels, complete with leather strap and I've been looking for things to put in it. The two I'm focusing on right now is his journal (not the Grail Diary, that will come later) and Short Round's playing cards. The playing cards should be easy, except that there aren't really any good shots from Temple of Doom that show them off. Does anyone have a production still of him holding them? I think they are just basic Hoyle poker cards, but I can't be sure. As for the journal, does anyone make them or have a supplier?

Thanks for the help everyone.

I use mine to carry stuff for work now, but it always has my "adventure gear" in it. The Wells Lamont gloves from Raiders, a fire steel/flint set, and a set of compact survival tools.

Don't forget the brush.;)
There are plenty of tutorials for making the note book on the cheap.
Here's the pattern for the sand bag, don't waste $40+ on a pre-made one for that price you can make a dozen.
SandBagPattern.jpg

I use my WPG replica as my EDC during the hot months.
Water, Soldier Fuel power bars, small survival tools, small knife, loose change, bandana and 50' of para cord.

As for the journal, you can get a blank at Magnoli Clothiers

After doing a bit of looking around, I think I'm going to try to bind my own journal, but the Magnoli one is helpful for colors and textures, thanks!

He also kept his Browning Hi power and spare clips in the bag as well.

I really don't think he carries one at all times. If he did, he would have checked it in Last Crusade during the Messerschmitt sequence on the beach, just before the bird attack. Usually he just has his Webley revolver, but he does pick up a Browning a couple of times in Raiders (once in the bar fight and once on Katanga's ship).

Don't forget the brush.;)

I JUST thought of that yesterday! Not sure where to find one, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Got my journal completed... well, nearly. It needs weathering and a rubber band and a pencil to go with it, but otherwise, it's done! Deeply satisfying and I learned how to make hardcover books along the way. I highly recommend giving it a go if you've never done it. Lots of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back