1. Welcome to the Want to Buy Forum!

The name of this forum alone is self explanatory. What you may not know is that any member can post a WTB request, but only Premium Members are able to respond to those requests. Why? Because this sub-forum is, at its heart, a sales forum, only Premium Members can advertise their wares and services by responding to WTB requests.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Want to Buy Fighter weapons school Top Gun patch

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Maverick8500, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Maverick8500

Maverick8500 Active Member

Yes there are hundreds of these out there but not a single one is accurate to the film. Someone please produce a navy fighter weapons school patch that doesn't have a blue or yellow boarder around the outside, just red . That's all I need !!! image.jpg

2. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You should talk to Stitch on this board. He is retired Navy and does a lot of patch replicas.

It's a weird patch as it does not look like any real patch although I do not pretend to know every variation of the history of the real patch. If it is real, it is a poor use of colors. Looks like they modified a real patch some reason and colored the border and text red. Since they modified the Wolfpack patch to make it VF-1, it is certainly in the realm of possibility.

3. Maverick8500

Maverick8500 Active Member

Mara, it's actually a real navy patch with a few minor alterations. Mainly the red trim I mentioned. But otherwise it's accurate. Since the actual school was founded they have modified the logo a few times but for the most part it stayed the same ( a gray mig against a blue sky, with yellow gunsight and a red outter ring )

4. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep, that was the whole point. Not saying it's not worthy of having. What I was implying was that even if you had a book with images of every variation of the patch authorized by the school, you would not find that variation (IMHO).

also got to spend some time with them during a detachment I was on at NAS Fallon, NV back in 1996.