Fight Club Soap

batboyme

I have seen the promo bars for years but has anyone made an accurate replica with the pieces of fat inside like the ones used in the film? you could see into them .

Unless your wanting to make real soap, this might be best cast from a translucent resin with a pink pigment. You are referring to the soap bar with Fight Club on? If so, that is pretty cool. I'm sure there are many talented casters here that could make these. I am keen to learn how to do this stuff myself (cast parts) as well, so might be an interesting learning curve project.

I have a real Fight Club Soap. Not very clean and not fun to look at it. Should be bigger and cleaner casted. So I suggest, everyone whos interested in a Fight Club soap should get one made from resin. I need one, too...

Can you post some pics of yours so we have something to work off? All I have is the images of the net and what I can see from pausing the Blu-ray Disc.

So that is a resin cast or real soap? And this is too small? I love the business card. The only other screen prop I'd love to own from this film is the fight safety card that Project Mayhem distributes into the planes.

Unless your wanting to make real soap, this might be best cast from a translucent resin with a pink pigment. You are referring to the soap bar with Fight Club on? If so, that is pretty cool. I'm sure there are many talented casters here that could make these. I am keen to learn how to do this stuff myself (cast parts) as well, so might be an interesting learning curve project.

Exactly translucent .
The originals had some white stuff inside that looked like fat really cool .
I had an original years ago sold it off with out thinking twice for pennies really. :( Back when
things like that were all over and easy to locate . Now pieces like that are a huge score. Hopefully someone has the skill to make a nice replica .

The question remains - do you want a screen accurate prop or one of the marketing ones. I am sure the bars Tyler sells to the lady in the film didn't have FIGHTCLUB on them, though it did have the business card and what looks like brown string holding it all together. Personally I would want a bar of soap that has Fight Club on it and a little stand or tray that has the words USE SOAP.

Here are some options for the prop:

This is cool (it is soap) and would be ideal to make a mold for a re-cast for resin from. Making an original mold might be tricky or get expensive to get that font right.

attachment.php

I need to watch this awesome film again as I am sure he presents "Susan" with soap that is wrapped like this

attachment.php

Here are some options for the prop:

This is cool (it is soap) and would be ideal to make a mold for a re-cast for resin from. Making an original mold might be tricky or get expensive to get that font right.

attachment.php

I need to watch this awesome film again as I am sure he presents "Susan" with soap that is wrapped like this

attachment.php

Those are cool. not sure what to add into the resin to give the effect of the fat swirls inside the bar though. How about you make it I buy it lol

If the film, his soap is basically fat and caustic. If the mix is right, there won't be any fat suspended in the final bar of soap as it all reacts with the caustic. If you really did want the effect of pieces of fat in the bar of soap, you would just add small bits of plastic or paper to the resin mix. I am more concerned about getting the mold (and the text) right.

Been thinking about making one of these for myself also. Maybe I will make it sooner instead of later.
Great movie, in my top 10 favorite movies for sure, maybe even top 5.

An awesome film and so please post your project for us to see. I want to learn how to cast so I figure that a bar of soap would be a great beginners project.

I had a friend with a CNC machine make me a master bar out of Delrin, which I then made molds from in silicone. I do my own soap-making and came up with a recipe for Fight Club soap, scented with hickory wood smoke, gunpowder smoke, black pepper oil, and frankincense. When I make it I use plenty of red gel colorant so it looks awesome swirling down the drain.

In the model I went with square edges and a large fist-sized bar, because Fight Club.

I've done a couple of these trademark-violating things, including a very retro-looking "Bates Motel" guest soap.

fite-club.jpg

fight-club.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back