Fifth element ships?

Tee,

Thanks for posting the Taxi and Police images - I didn't think anything would ever turn up on these great models.

I'm a huge fan of the The Fifth Element and back in 2010 I acquired the 1:6 scale master of the Police Car.

The model was looking its age when I bought it (probably constructed in 1996) with dents, cracks, cobwebs and peeling primer, which is understandable.

Unfortunately a less than successful trip across the Atlantic resulted in me acquiring a kit of the original model.

Anyway, a couple of hours and a lot of superglue later I have the makings of a great build.

This is a big model.
It measures 890mm (35'') x 410mm (16'') wide x 300mm (12'') tall and has been beautifully constructed from sections of polyurethane foam covered with resin.

To give you an idea of scale the model next to it is the Hollywood Collectibles version at 230mm (9'') long.

There is a 25mm (1'') wide section missing from underneath but I can easily replace it with the same type of material.

My intention is to restore it to its original state, construct all the missing parts, take moulds from it and then hopefully make it available to anybody who wants one!

A friend of mine is sorting out the lighting and its going to look pretty good when it's complete.

All I have to do now is find the Taxi!

Phil

Oh those are bloody fantastic. Not to be a pain but my friend is interested in sculpting the taxi but we can't find any reference of the bottom. Is there any detail? Could you post some of those. Fabulous score for your collection.

Pro Mod, I must have missed your message!
Amazing and Awesome car!
:eek

Smaller but really cool (in my opinion), mine:

FE_PoliceCar_001.jpg

FE_PoliceCar_002.jpg

Great photograph!

I've been wondering why the police car has the 'battering ram' attached to the front.
It certainly doesn’t show up on any footage I've seen.
Wonder if it was for an effects shot?

I thought that I had already posted some photos of the Fhloston Paradise in this thread, but it seems that not, so here they are (click on the images to get them)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back