Fifth Element Gemini Croquettes!

MattMunson

Master Member
With all of the attention lately on the Fifth Element, and a recent dig through of an external hard drive of mine, I decided to see what kind of progress I could make on this. It's just a cute little background prop that I always thought was kind of neat.

I did a bunch of great HD screen caps recently. Combined with some pics I had of a miniature billboard that was for sale a while ago, I got a really good view of the entire thing.

Here's a decent shot of it as it appears in the movie.

front1.jpg

And here's my progress so far:
croquettes.jpg

The hardest part was finding the right font. I used an online tool to do it, and it worked pretty good. It gave me a list of about 15 fonts that were close, and one was dead on. I still need to work on the colors a little bit, and the gradients within each letter, but overall I'm pretty happy with it

Obviously, the main component that is missin is the Croquette itself. As far as I can tell, there is only one drawing that is simply rotated and resized a few times within the drawing. I was able to draw up the general shape in illustrator with no problem, but I don't have any 3d capabilities to get the shading right.

Anyone want to help?

01-02-201121-50-39-1.jpg

i am seeing a lot more blue on the circled area, and a bit too tall at the top.

01-02-201121-51-47.jpg

-z

Good call on the colors, and I definitely agree. Easy enough to modify. Most of the colors I used for my first stab were sampled directly off screen grabs, and that is always problematic.

Yea, what robstyle said ^^^. I think I have seen some of this paper at Jo-Anns fabrics. I'm not sure about Hobby Lobby though, they used to have a larger selection of papers, but you could check their displays. They have more than one display of papers in other sections of the store ( I think over by the stamping materials ). If I get a chance within the next few days, I'll stop by and see what they have.

I have a finished label, but I could never really figure out the size it needs to be? Any ideas?

I think my wife has one of those fancy holographic foil "gift bags" that ooks a lot like that. Maybe they cut one up to use for the flaps?

Would be nice to make up some actual croquettes to go inside the box. I guess resin ones would do if you didn't want to eat them.

Hey Matt! Not sure if your still working on this or not, but I found a 12 x 12 inch square of hologram sticker/paper piece that might work. The pattern is more square (like?). I found it at Hobby Lobby ( I know there are a few in Columbus ) in the stamp section. So maybe you could check it out!

attachment.php

Heya, I'm going to give a go at the box too :) None of the links seem to work! Could you guys help me out with the holographic material ? i can't seem to find something similar! Thanks :p

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back