Field Marshal ANH DL-44 Build

Had some time to work on this a little. Sanded down the side for the Scott J stencils before re-blueing

IMG_3826_zpszfhksbbu.jpg

Re-blueing

IMG_3827_zps3nlpn96a.jpg

Presto

IMG_3828_zpsoykzxsfi.jpg

Sanded the grips of finish & stain

IMG_3829_zpsongcvsxc.jpg

Weathered the blueing

IMG_3830_zpsqju6aruu.jpg

Scott J's cross bar stencils are awesome!

IMG_3831_zpsjepa7su9.jpg

Cross bar is painted now and I'm just about done with it....

I’m on a little weekend getaway with the wife for our anniversary but brought my DL to work on while she sleeps in. Here’s where I’m at before I started this weekend

IMG_4008_zpskzaljqb9.jpg

128BAE53-1B88-4D6E-B308-A288B2A3FADA_zpsnui8feat.jpg

I need to darken the grips, reblue the scope mount, finish the scope rail distressing - ascot J’s stencils are really cool!, adjust the scope brass end cap, and oil all the blueing as in Huntington Beach everything rusts...

Nice job with the mystery disc placement! I see so many that aren't in the right spot!

That looks superb, I am thinking of getting one I probably won't be able to do it but I will give it a go, is this the $300 or the $380 kit.? Cheers.

Finally got a Hottoys ANH Han...ordered a Dark Energy droid caller also to complete the belt accessories. Real Kobolds are just stupid expensive these days!

IMG_5694_zps5s00qzhf.jpg

Last edited:
I’m on a little weekend getaway with the wife for our anniversary but brought my DL to work on while she sleeps in. Here’s where I’m at before I started this weekend

View attachment 1029331

View attachment 1029332

I need to darken the grips, reblue the scope mount, finish the scope rail distressing - ascot J’s stencils are really cool!, adjust the scope brass end cap, and oil all the blueing as in Huntington Beach everything rusts...
For the Denix base gun blueing did you use Aluminum black or Steel blueing? any suggestions for cast pewter? Amazing build, you’ve given me a lot of inspiration as I start my build!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back