Fettastic

Here is my latest catch in my ongoing, never ending endeavor of finding found parts pertaining to Boba Fett. I present to you all, my "White Whale" if you will.

Since 2015 I've been on the prowl for one of these. Yes they have come up on the forums from time to time as well as multiple auction sites but in most instances with something this rare you need a bit of luck and the timing has to be right. I will always remember, and kick myself when doing so, the first time I bid on one from an auction site (it was a chrome plated Federal Laboratories version). At the time I was unaware of how rare these were so stupid me was bidding on my phone while on vacation and I lost service and was unable to continue bidding. It sold for $350 US dollars. Three years later after lurking the forums, bidding on different sites, and checking local gun shows my time has finally come. I suspect I may have been bidding against at least one of you reading this now so I will take this opportunity to say thank you, and also encourage you to keep trying as I did.

I was told by the seller that this piece had served in WWI and WWII. I believe by the markings on the stock this could be verified as it is stamped with the numbers 17, 42, and 43. It makes sense that these would be the years it was in service but more research is required. It has all matching, relatively low serial numbers #15849 and it retains it's original bluing finish with very, very little rust. Original sling mounts (no strap), original stock has obviously seen some action and is the worse for ware. Since this one has been in the US for some time it has not been deactivated. All moving parts are tight with zero wobble and like with all Webley no.1 MkI flare pistols, it weighs and feels quite literally like a ton of bricks.

IMG_16591.JPG

IMG_16631.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_16411.JPG

Side note, If anyone is looking to offload their MPP flash tube don't hesitate to PM me. Thanks!

Last edited:
it's looking amazing! the wood is super nice and I love those stamps on the stock. happy for you and a bit jalous ;)

Love that stock pattern

It is a really unique stock pattern and has a lot of stamping on it. It is very cool. I will definitely be using a replacement stock for my ee-3 conversion so I do not harm the original any further.

Can't wait, man. That thing is a beauty. What do you estimate the weight to be, over 10lbs

That is a good question. I haven't weighed it yet but it feels closer to 15lbs in my opinion.

Last edited:
Wow, what a beaut. I hope you can get all original parts, I'm sure you will sooner or later. It really deserves the full treatment.

Thanks! Yeah me too! I've started the quest for found parts on this guy and will probably start a build thread. I'm expecting the correct MPP flash tube to be the only item that takes as long if not longer to locate and score. For the mean time I will either scratch build the flash tube or purchase a replica if anyone is offering them.

Thanks! Yeah me too! I've started the quest for found parts on this guy and will probably start a build thread. I'm expecting the correct MPP flash tube to be the only item that takes as long if not longer to locate and score. For the mean time I will either scratch build the flash tube or purchase a replica if anyone is offering them.

Roman makes a pretty nice replica.

Romans sadly has an error on one of the holes beneath the button section. That large bottom hole is supposed to be the same size as the small hole at the top :(. I was hoping it would have been the perfect solution for us Fett heads looking for MPP tubes as well, but alas. Hopefully Roman does a V2 in the future where this is corrected

Attachments

• 6E67A7C8-2271-450D-A5B3-7983BE12CB94.jpeg
    6E67A7C8-2271-450D-A5B3-7983BE12CB94.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 399
Here is my latest catch in my ongoing, never ending endeavor of finding found parts pertaining to Boba Fett. I present to you all, my "White Whale" if you will.

Since 2015 I've been on the prowl for one of these. Yes they have come up on the forums from time to time as well as multiple auction sites but in most instances with something this rare you need a bit of luck and the timing has to be right. I will always remember, and kick myself when doing so, the first time I bid on one from an auction site (it was a chrome plated Federal Laboratories version). At the time I was unaware of how rare these were so stupid me was bidding on my phone while on vacation and I lost service and was unable to continue bidding. It sold for $350 US dollars. Three years later after lurking the forums, bidding on different sites, and checking local gun shows my time has finally come. I suspect I may have been bidding against at least one of you reading this now so I will take this opportunity to say thank you, and also encourage you to keep trying as I did.

I was told by the seller that this piece had served in WWI and WWII. I believe by the markings on the stalk this could be verified as it is stamped with the numbers 17, 42, and 43. It makes sense that these would be the years it was in service but more research is required. It has all matching, relatively low serial numbers #15849 and it retains it's original bluing finish with very, very little rust. Original sling mounts (no strap), original stalk has obviously seen some action and is the worse for ware. Since this one has been in the US for some time it has not been deactivated. All moving parts are tight with zero wobble and like with all Webley no.1 MkI flare pistols, it weighs and feels quite literally like a ton of bricks.

View attachment 965953

View attachment 965954

View attachment 965949

View attachment 965948

View attachment 965950

View attachment 965951

View attachment 965952

Side note, If anyone is looking to offload their MPP flash tube don't hesitate to PM me. Thanks!

I’d love to hear what sites and other resources you specifically “stalked” before you found this beauty. Like you, I am on the prowl for another one.

I’d love to hear what sites and other resources you specifically “stalked” before you found this beauty. Like you, I am on the prowl for another one.

Mainly tried local gun shows and pawn shops within 50 miles. Frequently checked the major forums like here and TDH but expected I would have to pay a premium if I found one here. As far as online, I didn't have "go to" sites but would instead just do searches for webley's for sale. I had seen a couple on gun broker and rock island auctions but they usually went for ridiculous prices as to be expected.

Oh man, that's so pretty! Nice score, I hope one day that I'll come across one, as well. But I ain't holding my breath!

I'll forgive you if you use replica parts in a couple areas (barrel rings/pipe clamps/straps for scope mounting, replica MPP, center stock greeblies), but just a couple!!

And what wonderful pics you took! I cannot wait to see this progress.

EDIT: Oh, and it's a STOCK not a STALK, silly! :) And I think it looks gorgeous! Love the authentic stampings, and the grain of the wood.

The rest is seriously in really nice condition, nicer than my Smith and Wesson M1917 (converted to Indiana Jones length), well done winning it!

Last edited:
Romans sadly has an error on one of the holes beneath the button section. That large bottom hole is supposed to be the same size as the small hole at the top :(. I was hoping it would have been the perfect solution for us Fett heads looking for MPP tubes as well, but alas. Hopefully Roman does a V2 in the future where this is corrected
Hey, it's still a better option than a Heiland, if you've got the money to spare!

When I was looking for a flash for my 3D printed EE-3, I had hoped one of the less expensive MPP 2.0 replicas would work, then I remembered they have threads right smack in the middle of the tube! Had to settle for a cheap, beat-up Synchronar (which is totally acceptable to dress-up a nice 98% plastic EE-3).

1110181514.jpg
1110181520.jpg

True. At the moment, at least in terms of acurite hole size and placement on the tube, I think the Parks Sabers MPP tube is the best fit for Boba EE-3’s in place of a vintage unit, at least until we get a V2 MPP from Roman or if someone else decides make one.
Literally the only thing wrong with Romans is that one stupid hole... and maybe the discoloration to the plating around the holes (this seems to have progressively tarnished more and more on my ESB Vader hilt for some reason?). Everything else is absolutely perfect about it, especially the engravings which look absolutely beautiful, wheres the engravings are the major weak point for me with the Parks tube

Oh man, that's so pretty! Nice score, I hope one day that I'll come across one, as well. But I ain't holding my breath!

I'll forgive you if you use replica parts in a couple areas (barrel rings/pipe clamps/straps for scope mounting, replica MPP, center stock greeblies), but just a couple!!

And what wonderful pics you took! I cannot wait to see this progress.

EDIT: Oh, and it's a STOCK not a STALK, silly! :) And I think it looks gorgeous! Love the authentic stampings, and the grain of the wood.

The rest is seriously in really nice condition, nicer than my Smith and Wesson M1917 (converted to Indiana Jones length), well done winning it!

Thank you very much! As for the replica parts I'm in it for the long haul so to speak so I'm hoping that as this thread progresses more work will have been done and more found parts identified like the recent Unimax center square stock greeblie. But that's the fun part with these things, its the chase!!! Meanwhile, yes replica parts will be used for visual pleasure. lol.

Haha thank you, I didn't notice my error. Edited the OP for other readers.

Hey, it's still a better option than a Heiland, if you've got the money to spare!

When I was looking for a flash for my 3D printed EE-3, I had hoped one of the less expensive MPP 2.0 replicas would work, then I remembered they have threads right smack in the middle of the tube! Had to settle for a cheap, beat-up Synchronar (which is totally acceptable to dress-up a nice 98% plastic EE-3).

View attachment 966820 View attachment 966821

I'll have to look into synchronar as a place holder...Are the whole size and locations correct? honestly though I don't think I'll be able to get closer to an MPP than either a scratch build or a replica.

Also, very nice replica EE-3!! I can't believe that was 3d printed! What scope are you using? It's hard to tell but it looks like a type 2 with correct plastic eye piece and locking ring! Looks like you have the hero tall feet scope mounts as well! Very nice!! Just need to weather that bad boy up a bit ay? ;) Love the rusting and dusting you did inside the pipe clamps!!!

Just another observation, and I'm sorry if you're not looking for helpful critique but I believe the 3 cluster of elongated holes on the flash are supposed to be relatively in the 12 o'clock position and not the 3 o'clock position. Is your stock wood or 3d printed as well? I only ask because it is as black as the rest of the webley! So dark!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back