Feral Predator "Manitou"

Manitou

After having stumbled across these forums just a few days back, I was simply amazed at what alot of You guys have done in expanding the mythology, and the conceptual design, of the ultimate badasses we all know and love, the Predators (or Yautja; Yeah, admittedly I prefer to call them by their altername :) )...

Having not been in a very sketchy/illustrative mood as of late, I'm very thankful to You guys for inspiring me and getting my creative juices flowing again...

That said, I decided to do a base conceptual design illustration of what I would love to see in a Predator, and so set out to sketch out my newly devised Yautja alter-ego "Manitou"...

Keep in mind that it's just a basic conceptual design, so it's not a dynamic pose or anything. I just wanted to get the ideas out of my head, so I could see it visually on paper, and go from there...

Predator___Feral_Yautja_by_ckthonick.jpg

I'd love to know what You guys think...

And again, thanks HUGELY for Your guys inspiration in Your own projects to get me picking up a pencil again...When You're used to having to draw upwards of 9 hours a day, You (not too surprisingly I suppose) sometimes hate the simple notion of putting lead to paper...

**Edited to Add**

While perusing through my deviantart account, I stumbled across this -

Predator_by_ckthonick.jpg

Talk about old...I totally forgot I'd even drawn that thing...

Just a sketch really, but thought I'd throw it on here just for the hell of it...

Predator___Feral_Yautja_by_ckthonick.jpg

Predator_by_ckthonick.jpg

Mani! Hope I can call you that. :)
That's one kick butt drawing! Loving the detail you put into it, even just for a concept piece.
I'm diggin that I'm not the only Pred lover who's going the tribal route and if I recall right, you decided to go with a more Native American concept, correct?
I think if we ended up putting you, my friend, and myself together in a room we'd have hit a lot of myth concepts with our WIP suits!

I like the first concept, very Amazon-ish and South American Mayan style. Hope we see this in real life soon!

Your amazing conceptually. I would love to see this bad boy come to life. I look forward to future posts and updates from you.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back