Female Wolf Pred Custom Armour

Pastry

Hey everyone,

Got a burst of inspiration when I realised how easy it is to shape foamies, so I've made a few things over the past two days. The shoulder bells and codpiece are from Vinmac's awesome templates (thanks). Am thinking of modding the codpiece to make it a bit wider, by adding some extra pieces (any suggestions?). The thigh guards (only made one cause I ran out of foam) sit to the side of the thigh, and I based them off one of the witch elf designs from Warhammer Online. And the chest piece I based off armour I found on Lineage 2. A bit of a mish mash of different things, but I like how it's coming out. I soooo want to get them painted, but I have to spray them with some Plasti-dip first and it's windy as all hell so I'm going to wait til it calms down a bit, as I'd like to only use something referred to as 'Death in a Can' outside if possible.

Anyways, here are the pics of what I've done so far, and I'll update this thread when I paint, texture them etc.. Also, I made the chest piece and the thigh guards using reference pics myself, and actually kept the templates, so if anyone wants them, let me know and I'll clean them up and upload them.

Shoulder Bells
Shoulder-Bells.jpg

Thigh Guards (they sit on the outer thigh)
Thigh-Guards.jpg

Codpiece
Codpiece.jpg

Chest Armour
Chest-on.jpg

Chest.jpg

Cheers,
Pastry

Shoulder-Bells.jpg

Thigh-Guards.jpg

Codpiece.jpg

Chest-on.jpg

Chest.jpg

Thanks ^_^

And I've been in the process of making a full pred costume for a couple of months now (well a little over six actually, but a lot of that was inactive). My duct tape dummy, skin and biomask are in some other threads I posted a while back. Have a Wolf bio, a usurper halfmask, my bambooie dreads arrived last week, and I bought boots off masterpoo. Am making the skin and armour myself, and working on weapons too. In the process of making the armour atm, and painting the undermask (bio is all painted, just gotta install LEDs). So a little way to go, haven't thought about hands or wrist blades yet, but they're next on the list.

Pastry

Oh, and the chest armour took me all day yesterday cause I made up the templates myself, but the rest I did in a few hours today from scratch (except I'd cut out the codpiece a while ago, today I just shaped and glued it). The thigh armour templates were easy to make cause they're fairly simple, and Vinman's templates made the other stuff really fast.

Looks good, it's coming along very nicely. Maybe when it's finished I might talk my girlfriend in suiting up with something like this. Keep the updates coming.....

That chest armour is beautiful
There must be something in the air around Brissy at the moment I have been doing alot of work on my pred over the last couple of days
Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing this in person when us Brissy preds finally get together

Wow, looks like you have been busy. With your question about widening the cod piece, I would suggest either loading the templates into a draw program (ms paint or what have you) and adjusting the size accordingly or (looks like you would have no problem doing this) designing pieces for the sides of it so it will have the AVP look and a touch of your style as well. Either way great work and keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments ^_^

I've widened the codpiece, I added some extra bits. I like it but I'll have to see how it looks on. I'll upload more pics tomorrow.

And I can't wait to meet up with everyone in Brisbane too!

Great job on the suit! It's coming together nicely. I like the custom chest armor I'm looking for ideas for a suit for my Mrs. so it's great to see any ideas out there.

Ha another Huntress, wow they are dropping outta the trees at the moment.
Good progress on your armour will look great when painted up

Hey again guys ^_^

Now that Supanova in Brisbane is over I've finally been able to get back to work on my costume. Here is what I've painted of the armour so far.

Firstly here is my chest armour. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Except for the triangle in the middle at the bottom, I screwed up the engravey bit, so I'ma redo that or stick something over it. Anyways, the darker parts are meant to have a leather look, the silver parts metal.
DSCF3214.jpg

Here is the codpiece I said I wanted to adjust. The vinman template created piece is in the middle, and I added the side bits. This way, instead of wearing armour on the front of my thighs, I'll only wear this and thigh armour on the sides of my legs. I still have to add some dents and stuff to this to make it look a bit more battle worn.
DSCF3218.jpg

And here is the thigh armour. Not sure if I'll do more on this or not. I might give it a good hit with a sword and detail the resulting dent. Any suggestions are welcome.
DSCF3220.jpg

DSCF3214.jpg

DSCF3218.jpg

DSCF3220.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back