Female Predator Discussion

Nikki

I just wanted to have an open discussion about female predators. =] I know that the comics/novels say female preds are larger than their male counterparts, but does anyone else think they could be smaller, like in humans? It puts us girls on this site at a disadvantage with cannon saying that they’re larger… Thankfully, normal people who see girls out in suits don’t know that other sources of media say they are supposed to be bigger. Just wondering if anyone else thinks it’s within reason that they could be smaller than the males. =P

Well putting that theory in to play. My Bf is only 5'3 an Im 5'6 so that would make sense for me personally. But on the other hand.. why would we have to wear stilts? Pfft on that idea. There are a lot of creatures were the female is larger.. like spiders, moths, bees an the so on. We also dont know 100% about Predator culture, so who knows, maybe females are in truth.. shorter.. Like it has been said before Predators are built different, so Im pretty sure.. females could be shorter. All in the end, its up to whoever imagination it is. Females have never been put into the film industry, so little is known about so

Kish

I don't think there is any REAL need to follow to the letter what has been written. Consider it artistic license :p I would rather think of Predettes as smaller. I only went out with one girl who was taller than me (by 2" at 6'2") and I had to break up with her because I couldn't stand having to look up to her to kiss her o_O I realize that is my own baggage :p but yeah, I like to think that female Preds would be smaller.

I’m personally inclined to believe that female predators are smaller and weaker than their male counterparts. I also don’t see them being as avid a hunter as the males are. Yet despite what we earthlings may see as a disadvantage ( Being smaller and weaker) I do feel that females hold and play a very important role in pred. society.

However, I do think the popular idea of the female being larger is cool, as I'm a very tall woman, so suited up I'd fit in nicely with the commonly held larger female idea.
~Estelle

I'd be willing to bet that a female Predator would yell at a male Predator if he kept leaving the toilet seat up, or she'd make him sleep on the couch if he said something stupid. A female Predator would not take any crap from a male Predator.

On the other hand, I can't see Predator dating and courtship resembling human romantic comedies. There could never be a Predator version of Sleepless in Seattle because Predators don't spend months pining, fretting, hemming, and hawing over every decision they make.

I'm going to guess that if we saw more Females, they'd be generally larger, but I'm willing to bet there are females as small or even way smaller than even most Males, & like-wise for the Male preds. There's no standard that says all Human Females have to be smaller than all Males. We know there are some very tall & very short women just like with men.

Remember kid, the door swings both ways - That's it.

I think when it comes to our costumes we can do whatever suits us, because there would be variation no matter which is true, like Tatsu said. But this article has an interesting rant on why the females aren't bigger. I need to read more of the comics/books before I figure out if I agree with him or not though. Although his evolutionary ideas on childbearing and women not needing to be strong aren't necessary for a society. Look at Spartan attitudes to women for example, who wanted their women to be strong (well, so they'd make strong children, but still). It's not really a good idea to compare Predator biology and society to human biology and society, cause there are always so many variations in the way things can evolve. Maybe the women sent off the babies so young to train to be little hunters they have the rest of their lives to pursue other interests? Or maybe Predator babies have a similar experience to Zim and his 'I love you cold unfeeling robot arm' relationship with his mum. Who knows how these things go down. But as I said, haven't read enough of the books/comics to know if I'm missing something, just don't like always relating everything back to how humans did it. And didn't I get distracted. Meh, on reflection the article I've linked isn't great, but I've rambled enough now can't take it back.

http://www.absoluteavp.com/sections.php?op...le&artid=88

Personally movie/comic wise it's easy to make the female bigger, it's a cool idea. Practically i think you'd be hard pushed to make a 7 foot plus female costume. Got to agree with Tatsu on this one, there's got to be variations of each sex.

Well yeah…, it goes without question that there’s variation. :p No one’s arguing that, I Think we’re just generally speaking here on the size, gender matter. We’re talking averages, not the existence of the variants among the averages. Everyone knows that w/o the genetic diversity which is displayed by way of variation, a species couldn’t thrive.

@ Pastry great article, I had ran across that some time ago and saved that to my PC, where it still sits today.
~Estelle

Females have never been put into the film industry, so little is known about so
Ok, I'll throw this one out there...

What if... the preds we've seen... were the females? :p

I know that might go against the grain in regaurds to continuity with other medias, so it's just a thought.

I know that might go against the grain in regaurds to continuity with other medias, so it's just a thought.

That would make everyone in Pred costume cross dressers! I don't see this theory flying too far o_O

Well, who says that the female preds need to have boobs to be female? Maybe the pred babies dont need to drink milk etc. which in turn would make boobs unnecessary and thus the female would look more "male" in the chest area. And, come to think of it, the predators we have seen dont seem to have a bellybutton... so, do pred babies come in eggs? o_O
But to stay on topic, I believe female predators would be around the same size as the males.

There are currently 10 novels out involving Predators. 3 that are Aliens VS Predators, and 7 that are Predators alone. Out of all the 10, 3 or 4 mention female Predators and every mention is that they are larger than males. So while this is "fiction" and we (you, I, others, writers, directors, etc) can create whatever we want, the precedent has been that the females are larger. That is the one aspect of 'Yautjadom' that I do not like. Who wants an 9 foot tall woman? :p So I say that I hope that they (we) change it.

Dangerous discussion... female preds... boobs...

I remember that the lair was up side down and on fire when I showed pics of my female armor with... nipples :p

Dangerous discussion... female preds... boobs...

I remember that the lair was up side down and on fire when I showed pics of my female armor with... nipples :p

The US could learn a thing or 2 from Europe regarding the public display of breasts, IMO. Just the armor? o_O

the precedent has been that the females are larger. That is the one aspect of 'Yautjadom' that I do not like. Who wants an 9 foot tall woman? So I say that I hope that they (we) change it.

I agree with you, all the references I've heard made towards females include them being much larger... I also agree when you say it's the one thing that you dislike about the "Yautjadom" (great word btw). I feel that with how bad-ass and good at killing the males are, the female should be smaller... Why would the males become so large and lethal if the females are large enough to protect themselves? Just my thoughts, because I'd like to image the females as being smaller with a fiesty temper =P

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back