Female Predator Costume? Ideas?

PredatorPrincess

Hey,

So I'm new to HL I recently decided how awesome it would be to make a predator costume for halloween but then realized... Predator doesnt really have the same features as I do if you know what I mean. But anyway I see that some girls have tried to make a girl verison of Pred and I have not found a place where they explain how they make their armor like a link or anything. I'm still really unsure of even how to paint the outfit in general I'm no artist or anything but I was going to try to make my own mask because I figured the ones on here would be expensive and the costume ones just dont measure up after seeing ones on here. So if anyone has any advice or anything that would be great! :)

Basically want to know what the girls are using for skin, armor and if their making their own mask?

Well, basicly we are using the same as male pred costumes, I'm currently making my latex mask, you can find other ways for the skin like... hm... where to start? lol

Some people use clothes a predator colour and paint over them, and for the mask you can use foam.

hope this helps
if it doesn't I'm sorry :(

I recently bought the styrofoam head and clay I'm try to decide how much latex I'm going to actually need I wasn't planning on making a full cast but just scultping the face and painting the latex on. I might just use thermals for skin and try to paint them (well see how that goes lol)

Do you know how your going to make your chest armor yet? Thats mainly what I'm stuck on.

You'll want to spend most of your time researching the how to make a predator costume section. I'm assuming you'll want to make the costume on the cheap with it being for halloween. There are a lot of handy guides in that section that can tell you how to make affordable pieces for your costume. At the top of that list are pepakura and foamies armor. People have done some amazing things with both. Look em up and you'll probably find everything you need. I wish you good luck and I can't wait to see what you do int he process.

Here's a couple links to get you started:

Foamies Armor

Pepakura Armor

I appreciate you guys responding seeing as I'm considered a HL nib lol

I think I'm going to start with the bio mask first and see how I do.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='310228' date='Aug 19 2011, 09:11 AM']You'll want to spend most of your time researching the how to make a predator costume section. I'm assuming you'll want to make the costume on the cheap with it being for halloween. There are a lot of handy guides in that section that can tell you how to make affordable pieces for your costume. At the top of that list are pepakura and foamies armor. People have done some amazing things with both. Look em up and you'll probably find everything you need. I wish you good luck and I can't wait to see what you do int he process.

Here's a couple links to get you started:

Foamies Armor

Pepakura Armor[/quote]

hello there, im actually working on my daughters suit now and everything is the same almost as a male except ofcourse the chest ,i got at least 20 pics of fem pred from here in the lair to get ideas.. im actually doing her armour with a black bra that is a few sizes bigger than her and started to put foamies and backer rod as a design then im gonna coat it with latex a few times and paint after...heres afem pred figure so u can get ideas too..

lrg_879_sh4.jpg

lrg_3031_femp11.jpg

Welcome to the Lair! For skins people also use muscle suits or like full body leotard things (I believe its called a zentai suit) and they paint over those or built on top of those with some latex and stuff. If you prowl around here enough you'll find some amazing examples! The pepakura stuff is time consuming but pretty cheap. For some other ideas on different costume designs and stuff I recommend the predator art section. There are many fantastic huntresses drawing and posting stuff...great place for ideas.
Good luck and show us pics when you get started!

Welcome to the Lair

I used a cotton/lycra bodysuit they're easier to paint than nylon ones.

Do a search on "vinmanmac" ; he has templates for armor, and you can use those patterns with foamies, leather, etc. I did armor out of leather for one of my suits; also a bio.

Also look for "duck tape dummy" in the search.. theres threads that show how to make a form that you put the bodysuit on, in order to paint it.
It will be your size and you can figure how the armor design will look.

If your bodysuit has the hands and feet, then its less to build. I painted some fake fingernails black and glued em on the hands & feet.

Hope this helps; any questions, ask away :(

Ei'luj

That's awesome your making hers and thanks for these extra ideas. so your just putting foam on the bra for design?
yes , and i cut a piece of backer rod right thru the midle and hot glued to it as a design too looks good and when i paint it will be awesome...will post pics when im done soon!!! this is an example of a cotton body suit airbrrushed without latex, and is the best thing i ever seen other than a real latex suit!!! this is just crazy badass!!!!!!

CIMG1557.JPG

CIMG1558.JPG

For the skin I already had like longjohn pants and shirt called cuddleduds. They are white so I plan on dying them tan, I thought about the unitard/leotard/bodysuit deal but that sure is a heck of alot of gear I would have to maneuver just to use the restroom. So I think I'm gonna stick with a two peice skin, I'm still trying to think of how im going to get the bodycurves right the paint job. I'm not to sure I want to do the ab look... :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back