female pred-costume in progress

nightshadow

Hi there!

So i wanted to finish my predator costume before next Halloween, but now i'm attending Sci-Fi World in Sweden 1-2 October AND I HAVE TO HAVE IT DONE BY THEN!

So far i have sculpted the mask to the point where i'm starting to be happy with it.
Also started on: Bio-mask, blade gauntlets and leg-armour

But i do have some trouble finding out how to make dreads. I see alot of u guys (and girls) use foam, but i don't find any of it here in oslo
I guess thats one of the usual questions here... "how to make dreads" - i'll try to do more research ofcourse

Heres the link to some pictures on my new special-effects facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nightmare-Ef...205039736219572
Anyway, feel free to comment, i need all the advice i can get. I will try to post new pictures as often as i can

Have nice day!!! (y)

Latest update on the mask.

(i think/hope i have figured out how to post pictures directly onto here (y) )

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

Latest update on the mask.

(i think/hope i have figured out how to post pictures directly onto here )

:rolleyes: Lol Nice, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for a skin. Ive seen some girls do the tights and stuff but after seeing it compared to the latex just looks so loose. I dont know what to do (y) have you made yours? Or got an idea?

:rolleyes: Lol Nice, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for a skin. Ive seen some girls do the tights and stuff but after seeing it compared to the latex just looks so loose. I dont know what to do (y) have you made yours? Or got an idea?

actually i bought alot of stuff today, including what im gonna use for skin. think im just gonna go for tights (panty) whatever its called and paint it, using some sort of spraypaint.

tights are really tight to the skin and wont look so loose, as well as its a bit transparant, so it'll look natural (or at least this is what i hope

most of the body will be covered in armour anyway, and this "net" ............... haha i feel my english is really failing me right now!

heres a really raw scetch of what im aiming for, as far as the costume goes:

IMAG0175.jpg

actually i bought alot of stuff today, including what im gonna use for skin. think im just gonna go for tights (panty) whatever its called and paint it, using some sort of spraypaint.

tights are really tight to the skin and wont look so loose, as well as its a bit transparant, so it'll look natural (or at least this is what i hope (y)

most of the body will be covered in armour anyway, and this "net" ............... haha i feel my english is really failing me right now!

heres a really raw scetch of what im aiming for, as far as the costume goes:

Lol Your english is fine! "net"=Fishnet same thing love the sketch! Man! I really want to make one I'm so mad I dyed my white tights and a longjohn shirt I had but the shirt came out darker so I need to find something to match or something else. Did you buy a unitard/leotard or two piece set?

*Forgot to say that im gonna use the fabric of the tights everywhere the "skin" on the pred shows!*
im gonna have a friend come over and help me paint it. because it will be much better if i wear it when its being painted. but its wise to use something underneath meanwhile so you won't be covered in paint! hehe
or a manikin (or whatever its called) can be more useful! (y)

Lol Your english is fine! "net"=Fishnet same thing love the sketch! Man! I really want to make one I'm so mad I dyed my white tights and a longjohn shirt I had but the shirt came out darker so I need to find something to match or something else. Did you buy a unitard/leotard or two piece set?

thanks! im not gonna go for a one piece, because it will be hard walking around for a whole day without being able to go to the bathroom ^^

i have to adjust the skin somehow, so it'll attach to the armour... sew it together in a way...

i will post pictures during the process (y)

kinda stuck on the thought of making my own hands, or if i should buy them somewhere. its kinda time consuming to make everything myself :rolleyes:

thanks! im not gonna go for a one piece, because it will be hard walking around for a whole day without being able to go to the bathroom ^^

i have to adjust the skin somehow, so it'll attach to the armour... sew it together in a way...

i will post pictures during the process

kinda stuck on the thought of making my own hands, or if i should buy them somewhere. its kinda time consuming to make everything myself :rolleyes:

Lol Well your doing alot better then me so far! Im kinda putting off making the pred face bc of the whole latex thing and well besides of the fact Im not that much of an artist and it took me all day! just to make the bio mask! (y)

Lol Well your doing alot better then me so far! Im kinda putting off making the pred face bc of the whole latex thing and well besides of the fact Im not that much of an artist and it took me all day! just to make the bio mask! (y)

im gonna make a mold of my sculture/mask and then make the mask with silicone skin, and fill in the huge areas with expanding foam.

for the bio mask, i covered the pred sculpt with something (?) lol, and i put expanding foam all over. when that hardened i carved out the form of a bio. still not complitely done with it.

perfection takes time! hehe since im in a hurry of finishing this, im making the mask as good as i can, and the rest won't be so much of a priority (for now)
like, the bio mask is full of flaws (holes and such) but im gonna make it work for me, it looks much more weathered that way.

so u are gonna sculpt the mask and just put latex over it? or are u gonna mold it and all that?

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

im gonna make a mold of my sculture/mask and then make the mask with silicone skin, and fill in the huge areas with expanding foam.

for the bio mask, i covered the pred sculpt with something (?) lol, and i put expanding foam all over. when that hardened i carved out the form of a bio. still not complitely done with it.

perfection takes time! :rolleyes: hehe since im in a hurry of finishing this, im making the mask as good as i can, and the rest won't be so much of a priority (for now)
like, the bio mask is full of flaws (holes and such) but im gonna make it work for me, it looks much more weathered that way.

so u are gonna sculpt the mask and just put latex over it? or are u gonna mold it and all that?

My main problem is im very indecisive... (y) Im having a hard time deciding whether to make a female pred and do the skin and all that orrrr go with a Machiko then.... I had the idea of tryin a female berserker.... to many choices But my origional idea was to make the pred face out of clay and paint the latex over top instead of tryin to make a mold o.0

yeah i have that same problem! i have changed it atleast 4 times, but now i've found a pic of a female pred, and im sticking to it. or else it will never be done.

when u cover your sculpt in latex it can get abit sloppy if the face/mandibles are big - if so u should concider stuffing it with something so it stays firm (y) and detailes in the sculpt are'nt that important, just the basic shape of it i bet u can do it!
and! you should post pictures! im really interested to see what it looks like and what your methods are :rolleyes:

yeah i have that same problem! i have changed it atleast 4 times, but now i've found a pic of a female pred, and im sticking to it. or else it will never be done.

when u cover your sculpt in latex it can get abit sloppy if the face/mandibles are big - if so u should concider stuffing it with something so it stays firm (y) and detailes in the sculpt are'nt that important, just the basic shape of it i bet u can do it!
and! you should post pictures! im really interested to see what it looks like and what your methods are :rolleyes:

Geezzz No pressure! lol I would have to order latex I dk how much to order though since Im not doing a full mold

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back