Female Cybergoth Predator Costume

oxtheii

Hey everyone!

I am super duper new to this place and I love this site, so helpful.
Although there are so many posts to go through that I sometimes feel a little lost/overwhelmed, but I have found a lot of useful stuff already :D

Well I caved, I am making a predator costume as I type.

I wanted to go for something different that what has already been done and be unique. I am going for a Cybergoth punk style female predator and it still is a WIP. It all started when I decided to paint a female predator in photoshop, still working on it,
and then feel in love with the idea of cosplaying at Wizard World Chicago and got talked into it lol.
Color inspiration
female-predator.jpg

The dreds will be
il_570xN.307271534.jpg

My mask, WIP, which is actually up to the cast molding stage atm and has more detail, need new pic ^^​
That is about it for now, I bought the Predator hands and they are HUGE! Any suggestions of how to make them tighter or smaller. Or maybe I should make my own, thinking of just wearing claw nails and painting my hands for that. Gotta be somewhat feminine right?

I will have a black tube top with fishnet shirt and a skirt with leggings.

So you guys tell me if you think this is dorky or a good idea lol, I still wanna have that predator feel but be unique.
Give me whatever suggestions and ideas you want haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be very unique. It's likely best to mold and sculpt from your own hands. You could probably trim and patch them but others will have to fill you in on the details. Looking good so far though . . . (y)

Thanks! I'll be sure to update as much as possible ^^

Here are some better photos of my sculpture along with the molding process, super excited for this *Is Super Giddy*
This is the first time I've ever tried to make a Predator costume, well any real costume for that matter. I did try making a Xenomorph head
once and it fell apart :(
Oh well you live and learn! I will be starting on my torso second now, woohoo

Looks great so far. After my current build I'm making a she pred for my wife. I will definitely be following this thread. Keep up the good work and keep those updates coming! (y)

Starting on the painting process, here is the mask with the teeth, still have to add the small two front ones in her mouth.

You'll have to forgive the bad quality pictures :p

I added some scales to the mandibles, trying to figure out how to nicely blend them into the rest of her face.

I'm going to strangle my predator! lol I'm pretty much done painting the head but I made one slight mistake so I have to touch her up, but then she should be ready for the Permawet coating. I will post the final picture of her once she's all done.

Then onto my torso, which I've started on but am far from being done. This is so much fun, I plan on doing even better next time I make a mask.

Finished painting the head!!!

Do you think I should give her a gloss finish? I have a can on clear gloss spray paint, is that what you use? Or would I use something else?
I can't decide, I really like how she looks now and she is slightly shiny already.

I'm having too much fun walking around in this hehe *Squeeeeees* My dog freaked!​

That is really, really quite awesome and very unique. Now you've tempted me to use those dreadfalls for my costume instead of endless sewing of fabric into tubes...

Wonderful :)

^^ hehe thank you and If you want dred falls you can either buy some really nice ones on etsy.com or make them from pretty cheap fake hair.
They're super easy to make. If you google how to make to make synthetic dreadlocks or dredfalls you can find some decent tutorial videos

^^ hehe thank you and If you want dred falls you can either buy some really nice ones on etsy.com or make them from pretty cheap fake hair.
They're super easy to make. If you google how to make to make synthetic dreadlocks or dredfalls you can find some decent tutorial videos

Thank you for this, I just grabbed a set of black and orange yarn falls off Etsy for not much money at all but they are perfect for my purposes. Plus I can sew beads into them. So thanks to you I've just saved myself a ton of work! Much appreciated!

I'm curious as to what the rest of your costume is going to look like, are you going to make the armour and clothing have a bit of a cybergoth feel to it as well? And how about the shoes, I can totally see a pair of New Rock boots working brilliantly with your idea.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back