feeling brave... time to show off my sabers.

J Scorn

Sr Member
hello party peoples.

im beein brave here, to show off my fan made collection in front of you guys is kinda a big thing as ive been nothing but amazed at what ive seen on this site.

so, uploading and suckin' it in at the same time, be gentle lol.

i welcome bad points as much as good.

cheers guys.

63.jpg

my first go at a sabre.

Welcome aboard!

Actually these are quite good for hardware sabers :thumbsup

Now would you please leave your wallet at the RPF-entrance and say goodbye to empty walls and display cabinets ;) :lol

Markus

Welcome aboard!

Actually these are quite good for hardware sabers :thumbsup

Now would you please leave your wallet at the RPF-entrance and say goodbye to empty walls and display cabinets ;) :lol

Markus

cheers buddy,

ah i can kinda breathe out now lol.

like ya say, these are made out of general hardware stuffs, ive anyone wants tip or names of parts i used, please feel free to mail me or post id like to help out where i can.

IMG_0573.jpg

this funky fx was caused by accident, i was drilling into the sides of the brass housing into the thick plactic lens and it caused this... if u look closlry u can see the side profile of the drill bit to the point.

IMG_0573.jpg

this funky fx was caused by accident, i was drilling into the sides of the brass housing into the thick plactic lens and it caused this... if u look closlry u can see the side profile of the drill bit to the point.
The steamy one is the best! I like the thin one a lot too. Just because it is a lightsaber, doesn't mean it has to be big and bulky. I would like to see the thin one in a brass finish. That would look cool. Great work!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Those are some fine sabers Sir. Well Done!. I only own 1: Original Graflex 3cell ANH Luke Skywalker one. But wished for some more...

We used to have competitions here around making sabers from found parts and even dollar store items. You'd do well in one of those, not a bad start!

There are a boat load of folks that exclusively buy their collections. Always nice to have a new member that builds. :thumbsup

Those are some fine sabers Sir. Well Done!. I only own 1: Original Graflex 3cell ANH Luke Skywalker one. But wished for some more...

thanks for that, you should look into making your own, its a great feeling to know you have made something worthy to you and didnt cost £££££$$$$.

i found the best way to start is:

1 rotory tool with cutting discs and metal drill bits.

2 chemical metal.

3 seletion of tubing (i always look into dumps and skips as i walk past lol)

4 metal odds and ends ie clips, jubilee clips things like that

...oh and 'O' rings lots of 'O' rings.

I love 'em man, don't be too hard on yourself. Hardware sabers are always fun projects.
It's also cool to see how you progressed from each one to the next. You can really see your skill level and creativity improving.
Great job and welcome!

and by the way...
"4 metal odds and ends ie clips, jubilee clips things like that"
the RPF term for this is "greeblies" :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back