feedback on a new weathering technique

bradtdkrises

I'm trying something new for weathering on a FvJ jacket...this is scrap burlap, and the color seems to run together in this pic (its more greenish in person) but I'm going for a moldy, dirty, grime look....this is my first try..
Am I going in the right direction? and I'm open to suggestions too! Thanks!
example.jpgexample2.jpg

gothic

Sr Member
put a pic up of what your trying to achive (dont know what a fvj is lol) despite that defiantly looks mouldy

bradtdkrises

Freddy vs Jason ....burlap jacket.
13226681_4.jpgIMG_1093.jpg
Sorry I wasn't clear..lol...but please leave me feed back or suggestions..or both!
again, thank you!

gothic

Sr Member
lol cool, its a great film. what your doing for weathering is working i use heavily watered down acrylic paint to help with weathering using a cheap mist hand sprayer

452051.jpeg

they are cheap and when your done add water spray till clear then add new colour, i use raw and burnt sienna normal brown and black add white to get a dusty grey. this is a good vid to watch from TESTED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ErLOmGZQMA

bradtdkrises

I do too...but i saw that pic and it looked so much more gritty and dirty and nasty...lol...i wanted to try the mold n crusty look that they got, but i didnt know how they did it...im just guessing on mine..lol
great video btw!