Favorite Sword Design? (tagging up on the best gun design)

IMFletcher

This is probably my all time favorite:

Conan-Atlantean-King-Sword-LATEX__31-uAWQA2dL.jpg

Cool :cool

It says 'Conan Atlantian King' sword in the link, but the pommel and crossguard with the 2 Dragon Heads has much the same feel as the Knight's sword from Indiana Jones & the last Crusade.

Wonder if this was a 'standard' motif for the 'era' ?

As far as movie-related swords are concerned, honestly, my favorite is the LOTR trilogy Sting. YES, I know that it's a dagger in the hands of a hobbit, but the scaled up one Elijah Wood holds is frickin' gorgeous! I'm a sucker for leaf shaped blades, and that one is breathtaking. Another one I love is on Jody Samson's site, the one called "Jody's pattern-weld barrow leaf blade," and it's about 3/4 the way down this page:
JodySamson.com -- Gallery

my personal fave is the 'First Knight' version of "Excalibur", but what got me following props and props swords initially was the katana from the 'Highlander' films

I'm a huge fan of Glamdring myself. Mostly due to the leaf shape of the blade and curved cross guard.

As far as real life swords are concerned, I've always loved the yataghan:

yata5a.JPG

It's elegant, speedy, beautiful, and has enough heft to cause some damage.

Now, when it comes to movie swords, I've always loved this one:

triple-bladed-super-sword-the-sword-and-the-sorcerer-1982-review.jpg

This sword was featured in the 1982 movie The Sword and the Sorcerer.

It's a sword that you can frakkin' SHOOT people with. The two side-blades can be launched at an opponent, making for some good old-fashioned disembowling from a distance.

I guess I found my first replica project...

Last edited:
Now, when it comes to movie swords, I've always loved this one:

triple-bladed-super-sword-the-sword-and-the-sorcerer-1982-review.jpg

This sword was featured in the 1982 movie The Sword and the Sorcerer.

It's a sword that you can frakkin' SHOOT people with. The two side-blades can be launched at an opponent, making for some good old-fashioned disembowling from a distance.

I guess I found my first replica project...
Win, best weapon ever. Love it.

Win, best weapon ever. Love it.
I love that sword too. A sword with 3 blades 2 of witch shoot out plus has a hidden dagger. :love

Of course, from a tactical standpoint it's completely laughable. Blades that fire out off the sword are, by definition, not firmly attached to the main body of the sword, so they will be a liability in combat. A good hit on a wall or by another weapon and the side-blades will bend (if not outright break), rendering them useless. Your double-barreled sword-gun has just become a single-barreled or completely useless for long range attacks.

Still, it gets major points for coolness, though.

I've always been a fan of Sorsha's sword from Willow. love the tip having a razor back ridge. down side its a 1 handed sword.

Blade's sword ( daywalker) is pretty pimp too, only down side is that the handle is metal. slip n slide when you sweat or blood falls on it.

Highland is great too, has the same problem as daywalker. just the handle is Ivory not metal.

I like one to two handed sword to use.. you can use another weapon in your other hand or double the power with a double grip. I'll have to go with Ra's al Ghul ninja swords from the League of Shadows. black steel which gives off no glear n reflextions.

I have always had a soft spot for Glamdring. It is elegant and regal without looking weak or flashy, and all the proportions on it are perfect.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back