Fastening EVA Foam armor plates

Rinzler

Hi everyone, quick question, am building a quick costume for Xmas party coming up and doing a Roman Centurion, am doing shoulder armor that I am making out of EVA foam and want to fasten the pieces together in a way that is firm but still loose enough to easily move around in (I plan on have a few drinkies :p). Oh and I am in Australia so recommending Walmart and some Brand names isn't going to be much help.

Looking forward to any ideas :)

I would use back pack clips and straps.
This is what I have done for a few pieces and it has worked great. Glue the straps under the armor with hot glue, I also glue an extra piece of foam over the straps aswell so they are sandwiched inbetween the foam.
DSCF3081.jpg

And this is how I would do the shoulders this stop any shoulder armor from falling either off the back of the shoulder or off the front.
shoulders.jpg

Hope some of this helps.

If it's layered armor, like KNights I use shoe strings to tie them together, you can use leather(or pleather) "laces" to go with the rest of the look

Hmmm not for what I asked........but it will definitely help with other pieces!!!! Thanks for that the pics really help me figure it out (I am a visual person not instruction person)

Well I have assembled the first shoulder piece in 10 minutes using paper fasteners with washers on each side did the job nicely and allows for easy dissassembly or alteration, this is a quick and easy costume for a work Xmas Party not a con or anything. Still any suggestions are always welcome.
IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back