Farscape PK headset.

jason1976

Sr Member

Ok, so I've been wanting to do this one for a long time, and since I've been on a real Farscape kick lately, I figure, now would be a good time, to get to work on it.

Here's a few pics.

heads6546.jpg

headset1.jpg

headset5.jpg

headset2.jpg

headset.jpg

Now I know the mouth piece is one of these. (I just ordered one from ebay yesterday, just do a search for "Bico Anchara", and you should have no trouble finding one for yourself. :) )

headsetpin.jpg

Now, what about the rest of this prop? Any info, other pics, etc. ?

Last edited:
Sweet find on the mouth piece, I've always loved the headset too, the rest should be easy enough, just find out what type of earphones or headset they were modded from

Well it wasn't really my find. I got the name from an old thread over at the Farscape prop forums, but I am glad I was albe to find them on ebay. :)

I'm thinking the long pies it's attached to is a LED light, I've seen some before that have the long twisty part to them, see if I can find some pics

I did some searching for the headset a while ago and came up empty. The closest I got was:

Audio Technica Pro-8HEx headworn microphone headset:
ProEHEx.jpg

Galaxy Any Spot Headset Wireless Camera Kit:
GalaxyAnySpot.jpg

Gemini UX-16 Radio Head Microphone System:
TechnicaP675.jpg

We need a headset microphone available in Australia in the late 90's.
Fortunately unmodified versions of the headset were used for the IASA crew in the premier:
PDVD_009.jpg

PDVD_016.jpg

Both versions with and without the LEDs used the same headset, the headsets are single sided as shown in this shot:
PDVD_080.jpg

The hard part is finding a straight-through non-swivel mic:
PDVD_056.jpg

I'd love to finally nail this down, additional screencaps here: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/jackdoud/Farscape/PK Flight Controls/

Last edited:
Very interesting. So then the part with the red LEDs in the pics I originally posted, is a separate part? I mean, I see in pics you have there, that the sometimes just wear the mike part. and I know in a few episodes the just wear the LED dealy as some thing like binoculars, but I guess I'm used to seeing them wearing both when piloting.

So then, if they are separate parts, what's the story with the red LED part? I mean what does it consist of, and do we know where to get those parts? :) (I'd stqart a new thread, but 1 I don't know yet if they are another prop, and 2 I don't know that to call them. :) )

Very interesting. So then the part with the red LEDs in the pics I originally posted, is a separate part? I mean, I see in pics you have there, that the sometimes just wear the mike part. and I know in a few episodes the just wear the LED dealy as some thing like binoculars, but I guess I'm used to seeing them wearing both when piloting.

I don't think they're seperate parts. Only the flight controls and tech sets have the leds, the communications headsets only need the mic. The Oculars were only used in Throne for a Loss and are a completely different design. I can post pics of it if you want.

There is a little battery pack attached to the top headset frame with two sets of heatshrunk wires leading down to the leds for the flight controls, it wouldn't be hard to add/remove them from a headset.

Interesting. So then the flight control headset, is worn just like the regular headset, but with the two wires with and LED at the end of each, come off of that? I don't know way, but I thought it went around the back of there head. Well that makes things a bit easier. WEll that is, if we can ever find the right head set. and i like the idea of being able to pop them on, and off too.

As for the Oculars, I am curious to see what the differences are. I haven't got to watch all the episodes in a really long time, and I kind of remember them using them, but I don't remember quite what the looked like.

ill be in Sydney in just over a week, ill keep a lookout for a few farscape props including these parts.

WOW! That is awesome. :)

I know that part that would set on the left side of the head, is probably just part of whatever found headset they used, but I can't escape the thought that it looks like the par of the stem on glasses that goes over the ears. And I've seen some, from time, to time, at the dolor store that have that part as a separate part of the stem. (you know. like a piece of plastic. that would be over the stem, on a pair of say "wire rims.")

In other works I would really, really, like to find the actual headset used on the show. But, if we end up not finding it. I'm think that Bico part, a ear piece from a pair of "wire rims", a head set, with the left ear piece removed, and mice arm off of an old PC mice, or something like that. And you might have something ok looking. :)

Oh, and I like how (it looks like) they Used the whole Bico part, including ,the part the goes into the mice are, so that it can be moved back, and forth. Instead of just cutting it down, and gluing it in there. A little thing but I nice touch.

I got my bico the other day, and I love it. I wish I had bout two, so I could have one to where just for every day. (Kind of as inside joke. :) ) It's very well made. Though there is a logo stamped into the back side of it, that i wasn't expecting. I may post some pics later this weekend.

Last edited:
I found a new lead looking at Racal headsets a few weeks ago. Racal makes the headsets used in Aliens, Starwars and other sci-fi shows. I came across this other Racal design:

392428308_o.jpg

Not exact but in the ballpark. I'll keep looking.

I know this thread is ancient, but did anyone ever identify this headset model? I've found a LOT of Portable PA Microphone systems that have similar ones, but no exact matches.
ren_4f463a87e4592HS-38 HeadsetBoomMicHB.jpg
SoundPlus TRAmp-STU 30W USB/SD Player + Portable PA System

Every so often I poke at the internet looking for these but I always come up empty. I've focused on wireless PA mics as well with a lot of close ones but nothing correct. It's one of those things that's impossible to search for effectively online as you end up with 100,000 results and no way to pare them down.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back