Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

You can find a lot of font information on my website here.

The font used for the articles is Walbaum Fraktur SH.
I wasn't going to get involved with the font used in the props in the Fantastic Beasts movies, I'm kinda burned out, but Oliver of Walden Fonts contacted me and asked me to list his fonts on my site. They at least are verified. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I wasn't going to get involved with the font used in the props in the Fantastic Beasts movies, I'm kinda burned out, but Oliver of Walden Fonts contacted me and asked me to list his fonts on my site. They at least are verified. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

thanks for this, very useful site

Thanks.
I am very familiar with your site. Definitely a great resource! I would say though, post fonts etc. in the HP Font Database thread.
Also as for some of the FB fonts you posted there - they are actually scanned from old typeface books. They really did not use a lot of digital typefaces on the new films.

According to this article in Design Week: The props are made through a mix of hand-crafted and digital means, some posters were screen-printed, some lettering was scanned from archival books, then copied and pasted together to create words, while others, like newspapers and labels, were created digitally, printed and then photocopied to give the appearance of rough edges.

anybody who is feeling like recreating these:D. Ive tried my best but I am just not getting them correctly.

Attachments

• 212F7C99-033F-4065-B2C0-A6D58276696F.jpeg
    212F7C99-033F-4065-B2C0-A6D58276696F.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 175
The entire set is on my to-do list and I have some HQ references. I just have some more important props to work on right now. But once I'm done I'll do these.

awesome!

as I couldnt make these as good as I wanted I made my own designs (custom not official) . will load them up once I finished them all

my movie version on tinas postcard! hope you like it.
more paperprops coming. check out insta/kevinbgoode

Attachments

• 06328D53-3699-41C0-9B57-62B9F6411292.jpeg
    06328D53-3699-41C0-9B57-62B9F6411292.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 616A71E4-1F53-49C1-82BA-082DB0B3A4A4.jpeg
    616A71E4-1F53-49C1-82BA-082DB0B3A4A4.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 111
Does anyone know if there are more photos available of this prop?

I haven't spotted the prop in Crimes of Grindelwald, but I guess they were replaced by owls later in production.

Attachments

• IMG-20200102-WA0005-01.jpeg
    IMG-20200102-WA0005-01.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 95
Does anyone know if there are more photos available of this prop?

I haven't spotted the prop in Crimes of Grindelwald, but I guess they were replaced by owls later in production.
I have search everywhere a way to make them with more reference but nothing sadly

First of all, congratulations to all of you! The works you post here are too beautiful, extremely professional.

1589726954858.png

I've been researching some book covers these days and I came across this image, (from what I saw it was the book used by Dumbledore when teaching DADA). Unfortunately I did not find a better resolution, but if someone has and wants to share, I would be very happy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back