Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

The curious thing about that poster is that, as far as I'm aware, it has not been properly featured on any of their merchandise / books.

They have included a bunch of obscure posters on the Case of Beasts and have even been selling some as postcards.

Not sure why WB / MinaLima would still keep this particular one hidden like that.

I haven't really attempted replicating any Fantastic Beats props yet, as have not been able to pull myself out of The Daily Prophet vortex I fell into, so I'm not very familiar with the fonts they used on the movie.

Still... I hope the content below might be of some help:

The only behind the scenes image that features the poster that I know of is this one:

6wHHnlB.png

Which seems like their mockup, because it doesn't appaer to feature the actor's image in it.

I've got some 4K screenshots from the movie I'm including below:

VQjZmfp.png

xHoYMV3.png

vTWuJ6x.png

93d9shL.png

TtQILmx.png

Fl51KkS.png

TUZvsAt.png

3Z8dewc.png

AC6jL5H.png

Pyk1wwR.png

5dIAdLE.png

Nxif7vb.png

... and for the 'special effects image' used on the movie for the newspaper and wall poster.

I belive it was literally taken from his 'reveal' scene as below (not this exact frame second though, but close still when his head is tilted down):

XNHsDOT.png

Source video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmxmpYAQIgY

The face position, shadows and hair spikes look very similar when put side to side:

5qkOzaE.png

Last edited:
Thanks nurmengard ! This helps a lot :D

Looks like I didn't use the right shot from the movie. Changed that. I have also drawn some of the text by hand last night.

To do. There is no MACUSA logo next to 'Reward". Find the text that goes under the IWP logo. Find the font used for 'GELLERT GRINDELWALD".

USAPosterGellertWantedPreview.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the pictures here and it looks way thicker than the one seen in Prisoner of Azkaban, I wonder what happen in the decades since this release. I really wish that they would release one that look like this one.

Looking real good so far.
I noticed, and it could be me, that the name OBSCURUS is not bold enough and a little smaller. I know it is a WIP, just giving my observation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back