Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

I remember that there was a scene where Dumbledore is walking with the main characters and says "You'll need this," then hands them a letter and a newspaper which flies in Jacob's face. I realized later that we never actually see either of those papers again, nor did we ever even find out what they were in the first place =/ What was the point of those papers?

I remember that there was a scene where Dumbledore is walking with the main characters and says "You'll need this," then hands them a letter and a newspaper which flies in Jacob's face. I realized later that we never actually see either of those papers again, nor did we ever even find out what they were in the first place =/ What was the point of those papers?
Maybe just a McGuffin

Used the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them Second Edition art print (see above in this thread) to recreate a book to add to my collection. I had made the first edition after the Crimes of Grindelwald so it was natural to make the 2nd. Once again I used the american version of JK's book and just glued the cover on it so that it would be fully readable. Used a mini foiling machine for the gold foil. Not too much work other than that, although I will be spray painting the edges of the pages gold and adding in a black ribbon bookmark. Really happy with the results.
Also I plan to make the Qilin tickets, so if Joma1124 plans on posting the templates he made for those I will be over the moon!
I've attached the template that I made for this book. Printed on 11x17 paper it should fit this version of the book pretty well.
IMG_9234.jpg

Attachments

• FB_1st_Edition_(1) 2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9253.jpg
    IMG_9253.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9250.jpg
    IMG_9250.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9243.jpg
    IMG_9243.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9239.jpg
    IMG_9239.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5504.JPG
    IMG_5504.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5502.MOV
    33.2 MB
  • 17a475861e274ed48f9b7c7f029bfac0.mp4
    4.6 MB
Used the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them Second Edition art print (see above in this thread) to recreate a book to add to my collection. I had made the first edition after the Crimes of Grindelwald so it was natural to make the 2nd. Once again I used the american version of JK's book and just glued the cover on it so that it would be fully readable. Used a mini foiling machine for the gold foil. Not too much work other than that, although I will be spray painting the edges of the pages gold and adding in a black ribbon bookmark. Really happy with the results.
Also I plan to make the Qilin tickets, so if Joma1124 plans on posting the templates he made for those I will be over the moon!
I've attached the template that I made for this book. Printed on 11x17 paper it should fit this version of the book pretty well.
View attachment 1573642
amazing detail and the way it looks what kind of paper you used? was it black opalina?

I liked the design but what it is the reference on the movie you are taking from I don't recall this design from the movies
I think this prop is from the 1st or second movie if I'm not mistaken.

Its hard to find the right font because some of them are modified and original hand lettering font style form signage books.

here's the update for this project.

1657083669436.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back