Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 1st Edition prop replica

Marcotl

Hello, I'm thinking about working on my own replica of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book prop, do you guys have any good reference pictures? I'm specially interested in the inside pages, at least the inside title page was designed becase it can be seen in some pictures. I'm also sharing the ones I have in case they are usefull to anyone else.

If you have any of these in a better resolution it would be great, also let me know if you can distinguish what the full text in the inside title page is, also the pattern in the endpapers, many graphics in the rest of the book seem to be taken from the cover design, but I cannot see what part they used in the endpapers.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 794
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 510
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 596
This isn't mine (after a million messages asking me if I make these things) but wanted to quote a link to another thread to be helpful :)
but unfortunately it no longer goes anywhere??

Last edited:

Thanks, maybe we can find that thread usefull. However it is Nowonder's personal project run thread, I opened this new thread for me and other people interested in the prop replica section.

I am sharing a half A4 cover took me ages but i think you can give it a good use if somebody have some more inside pictures i wil apreciate that because i am trying to create a replica of the book.

i could not find the fonts for NEWT SCAMANDER neither AND WHERE TO FIND THEM if know or have the fonts i will be happy to edit the file so we have an exact replica of the book

Attachments

• Fantastic Beasts.jpg
    Fantastic Beasts.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 371
Ahh i see. The photos i uploaded were the only ones I took. Those were the only displays I saw. I am going to the exhibition in february and will keep a lookout

Phoenix makes did a cover for the book on instagram? I dont know if that could help at all?
for the cover i already vectorize it, he share a inside pic of the book and is diferente from the prop so i do have an idea of what the endpaper look like but i hadnt have time to make it

for the cover i already vectorize it, he share a inside pic of the book and is diferente from the prop so i do have an idea of what the endpaper look like but i hadnt have time to make it
Would you consider getting these printed and doing a run? I’d be interested in a screen accurate copy.

Would you consider getting these printed and doing a run? I’d be interested in a screen accurate copy.
I do have a version without the text because I am still working on the designs of the beasts but I did a run of agendas and they look like this

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-03-02 at 2.54.02 PM.mp4
    1.7 MB
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 2.54.09 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 2.54.09 PM.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 162
View attachment 1510297 this was the mina lima one on display at wb studio london

The fancy one
View attachment 1510298 Was on display at the fantastic beasts exhibit in london
for the inside i have the work in progress for all the illustrations like this but I think it will be hard to get all the creatures as accurate as possible since there are some that does not have any real image yet like the sphynx. but this is what I have its in Spanish but i will do a eng version too

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 2.59.37 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 2.59.37 PM.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 153
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 2.54.09 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 2.54.09 PM (1).jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 172
  • WhatsApp Video 2022-03-02 at 2.54.09 PM.mp4
    2.6 MB
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 3.01.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 3.01.40 PM.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 175
i do have the book but what i meant wast the layout, i can see a picture of the bowtruckle but besides that, the index, the cover page, etc i woul like to have mine the same as this:
View attachment 1520532View attachment 1520531

I think I was able to finally find out what the cover has, i am not really sure if it has the elder wand or the wand from newt but the deers at the botton and everything else is there what do you think?

1662419666243.png

I think I was able to finally find out what the cover has, i am not really sure if it has the elder wand or the wand from newt but the deers at the botton and everything else is there what do you think?

View attachment 1614392

I feel confident that it just a line below Newt's name, rather than a wand. And for the deers, those are actually Bowtruckles, I just cannot find the reference right now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back