FANT4STIC Reed Richards Costume Design

WebSlingingHope

Holla at your boyeeez.. Yeah no okay.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone's taken an account into the new suit designs for the Fantastic Four reboot. I must say the way they're doing it is clever, it's like practicality over looks. Reed's design caught my eye the most as I thought it was intriguing to see that springs are actually developed into his containment suit so that it keeps him from stretching too far. These are the only reference photos I've gotten a hand of, I was considering making a build. (Still am)

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422685150308.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422685150308.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 731
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422685169433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422685169433.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 332
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422685180928.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422685180928.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 254
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422685192444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422685192444.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 278
I think you've got all the reference photos available at the moment haha
I'd like to see a build
I'm going to be building a Thing costume based on the new movie later this year.
I'll have to start and finish my hulk first
_1422305863.jpgFantastic-Four-Trailer-Photo-Team-Shot.jpgThe Thing.jpg

I think you've got all the reference photos available at the moment haha
I'd like to see a build
I'm going to be building a Thing costume based on the new movie later this year.
I'll have to start and finish my hulk first
View attachment 433229View attachment 433230View attachment 433231
My god would that epic, hahah. Once all the finished suits are done and if there are people who are wanting to build Johnny and Sue's suit, someone should do like a photoshop of all of us in a photo or something. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Last edited:
Gathering all the reference photos, I decided to make a mock-up sketch of what the costume will look like. Given from what I sketched, it seems as though Miles Teller himself was right. It's a cross-combination between a containment suit as well as perhaps an astronaut's suit. I see some pads on the shoulder, knees, and elbows as well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422760061891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422760061891.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 127
Gathering all the reference photos, I decided to make a mock-up sketch of what the costume will look like. Given from what I sketched, it seems as though Miles Teller himself was right. It's a cross-combination between a containment suit as well as perhaps an astronaut's suit. I see some pads on the shoulder, knees, and elbows as well.
any updates on this?

Subscribed!! I am currently working on a Thing costume myself (comic book version). But i have to say that the movie version looks badass.

Subscribed!! I am currently working on a Thing costume myself (comic book version). But i have to say that the movie version looks badass.
I totally agree
The leaked picture of the new thing is my inspiration
hopefully i can eventually tackle it with a moving jaw

I've decided to re-adjust my workings on here. While the project remains throughly the same, I have decided to add a sort off "cool factor" to it.

My plan is to make his stretchy arms, but the gimmick, is that if you thrust it outwards, you stretch the arm. If you pull your arm back, it retracts. The idea is somewhat simple, but it will be hard to replicate.

I was inspired by what I heard during Nerdist's video on how Reed's powers will be kept under control with springs.

Now, I cannot construct a spring out of metal without the danger of hurting myself. So what better way to be productive than use cardboard.

I plan to construct enough amounts, then glue on slips of paper, afterwards cut holes into the square, and make sure it fits like a glove. The only obstacle I encounter is the retraction and locking when in extended mode. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

when you mentioned a retracting and extendable arm i immediately thought of this
6139D.jpg
if you modified it a bit i guess it could work
or you could use the same mechanism to make a better version
they go for about 15 bucks on amazon
just an idea

when you mentioned a retracting and extendable arm i immediately thought of this
View attachment 441867
if you modified it a bit i guess it could work
or you could use the same mechanism to make a better version
they go for about 15 bucks on amazon
just an idea
Ahah, I've never thought of that, I was thinking more along the lines of that Mr Fantastic hand toy released way back when the first movie came out. The goal is to essentially wear it like a glove, but flick it out sort of like those lightsabers from Star Wars, but instead of cylindric-like tubing, I use a spring

Good news everyone!

Wow, you really cannot go through that saying without hearing the voice.

Anyways, Empire released the first batch of photos from Fantastic Four, with one of them being Reed's containment suit!

uploadfromtaptalk1424913759053.jpg

Oh man those wires and springs though, can someone lighten up the image please? I'd loooooove to see that please and thank you

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back