Fans in Tusken Raider Mask?

Poseidon11

Can I see how everyone installed fans in their Godzilla Tusken Raider masks?

A friend suggested I put a battery pack with on/off switch in the respirator and run the wires through the tubing going behind the mask. Has this been done? Does it sound like it would work?

-Tony

I haven't seen any Tuskens with fans yet, but I've hooked up two squirrel cage fans in a backpack, then run 1" diameter hoses up into a helmet. It's better than nothing. :unsure

I can barely get my head inside my mask, let alone add helmets. I feel like someone is constantly choking me and pinching the bones under my eyes.

At first I put lenses inside to hide my eyes, but they fogged up so bad that I pulled them out. Man, this is by far the tightest helmet/mask I own.

Scott

no fan in mine. i've worn it at disney world, and in atlanta for the dragoncon parade / 501st group photo, so i know it is tolerable :)

to avoid the lens fogging, i have nylon screen in my mask on the inside of the eyes.

<div class='quotetop'>(tk7602 @ Jun 8 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1258606[/snapback]</div>
no fan in mine. i've worn it at disney world, and in atlanta for the dragoncon parade / 501st group photo, so i know it is tolerable :)

to avoid the lens fogging, i have nylon screen in my mask on the inside of the eyes.
[/b]

I was going to add some screen for the eyes, but you really can't see in unless you try hard. I'll probably get around to it eventually.

Scott

Get the "white-out" contacts. That way if someone sees in they see a freaky all white eye. That'll teach em' to be nosey.

I just used that black stretchy mesh that you find inside basketball shorts. if you stretch it and glue it isnide the mask, you can see fine out of the mask, and when folks look in, all they see are those inky pools of blackness down your eye tubes.

tusken%20.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Dreadmel @ Jun 8 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1258811[/snapback]</div>
My fan is actually right on the mouth piece so it pulls the air in towards my mouth an nose.
[/b]

What kind of fan did you use?

<div class='quotetop'>(badger @ Jun 16 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1262976[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Dreadmel @ Jun 8 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1258811[/snapback]
My fan is actually right on the mouth piece so it pulls the air in towards my mouth an nose.
[/b]

What kind of fan did you use?
[/b][/quote]

Just a small computer fan. Running off a 9volt. Better than nothing.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back