FanExpo acquires Denver Pop Culture Con, formerly Denver Comic Con

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ICYMI - It was recently announced that Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) was acquired by FanExpo, one of the biggest convention holders in North America.

FAN EXPO Denver I A three day weekend offering big family-friendly events, bigger workshops, and huge world-renowned celebrities!

I have mixed feelings...

On one hand, I worry we may lose the smaller, family-friendly feel of DCC/DPCC.

On the other hand, the convention seemed to be growing recently, and the gaps in how it was managed were becoming more evident. Perhaps this can fix some of that. And hopefully, this will mean a bigger draw for celebrities and content.

In either case, looking forward to the 2022 con!

For those who have attended a FanExpo, any pros/cons or tips?

Sean

I had to look it up, I found this list here

I haven't attended any of those.

I saw online FanX (Salt Lake City Utah) listed along with the Fan Expo events but it looks like the similarity of names is coincidental. I will be attending FanX SLC this September, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

I will say that I have one foot in the Comic Con world and one foot in the Scottish Highland Games world, and the California and Nevada Scottish communities have become disgusted with all our Highland Games being cancelled in 2021, making no events two years running.

This has lead to many in our Scottish community planning trips to Highland Games in other states including Utah and Colorado.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that sometimes Fan Expo cons have a lot of the same guests since they are under the same management. And OfficialPix usually will put up autograph preorders for Fan Expo conventions.

Fan Expo runs Mega Con Orlando among a few others I've had an Artist table at. They seem to run a smooth show. Nothing really bad to say. They have been buying up shows and standardizing a lot of the structure. It has some benefits I suppose. In my opinion this isn't really a bad or good thing. It's just the way larger cons have been going, i.e. becoming part of a larger franchise.

FanExpo Denver has announced they are going to hold a mini-con Halloween weekend:

A lot of folks seem concerned with the potential quality of the con given it’s only four months out. And many don’t like that it’s on Halloween.

Personally, I am really looking forward to it. I think this will be a great opportunity to see how FanExpo runs their cons. I also think Halloween is a great weekend since there will (hopefully) be more folks inclined to dress up in costume.

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back