Fan made Green Lantern lamp

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
About a year ago (maybe longer) someone here posted their scratch built Green Lantern lamp assembled from stuff found at Wal-mart and it looked fantstic. They even did a tutorial on it and it cost like 15.00 to make. Anyone keep a copy of the tutorial or remember who made it?

I made a Green Lantern Power Battery that looks like the Neil Adams version. I haven't quite figured out how to post picks yet, but will be glad to e-mail some to you.

<div class='quotetop'>(Capt MarVell @ May 22 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1248602[/snapback]</div>
Well, here's mine.

My GL Battery

8" chrome Christmas ornament and plumbing parts.

Jim
[/b]

That's the one I was thinking of, not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, though. :unsure

Mine isn't as cool :confused

I made it in an hour one rainy day last year....cost about 10 bucks at hardware store

Last edited:
plastic globe in fan section at hardwre store for center.....and some pvc plumbing caps etc..in plumbing section...just walked down the isle seeing what fit....oh and a metal rod for the handle, and some plastic green paint...
The best is when somebody tries to help you at the hardware store...and they ask what are you trying to fix?.. and you have to try to explain tol them you are making a lightsaber..or a lantern....or some other weird prop...

I usually just describe whatever I'm doing as "sculpture, kinda hard to describe" and leave it at that. Actually, I usually just shoo them away, anyway. They're never any help.

Great Lantern by the way, buckettt.

Jim

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back