Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CaptainNater

Some more pictures.
Screenshot_20210910-085205_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210910-084924_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210909-161654_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210909-160224_Instagram.jpg

emannweiler

Thank you! I made my version 1 using Zbrush and then when I modified it for V2 I switched over to Blender. I actually liked blender much better. This was the first 3d model I've ever made.
I meant what did you use as your reference material? Chewie has always been my favorite character, and I've seen pics of the original (and replica) underskulls, but I'd have no idea what dimensions and such to use to make a 3d model. I assume you've been doing this kinda thing for a while now? (For those of us who dream of making a killer Wookiee costume some day)

CaptainNater

I meant what did you use as your reference material? Chewie has always been my favorite character, and I've seen pics of the original (and replica) underskulls, but I'd have no idea what dimensions and such to use to make a 3d model. I assume you've been doing this kinda thing for a while now? (For those of us who dream of making a killer Wookiee costume some day)
Oh, my bad. I misunderstood. I actually used one of the screen used masks for getting the approximate size. One just sold at auction and they had the dimensions on the listing. Other than that I just used Google for original trilogy Chewbacca pictures. This was my first mask ever and first 3d model. Check out my videos if you want to see some of the process. Hope I answered all the questions. If not let me know.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjqAdrTEFlwXsDFGLc5ym-HwHCsHksFy9

emannweiler

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood. I actually used one of the screen used masks for getting the approximate size. One just sold at auction and they had the dimensions on the listing. Other than that I just used Google for original trilogy Chewbacca pictures. This was my first mask ever and first 3d model. Check out my videos if you want to see some of the process. Hope I answered all the questions. If not let me know.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjqAdrTEFlwXsDFGLc5ym-HwHCsHksFy9
No problem, yeah I'm definitely checking out your videos. This looks unbelievably good for your first go!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.