Famous Monsters magazine -- Early Lightsaber Curiosity -- Hollywood Auction 1980

dcarty

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've wanted to share this for a while. I was looking through some of my old Famous Monsters magazines and came across a brief article that shows probably the first Lightsaber hilt I'd seen outside of Star Wars gum cards or at the movie theater. The article is one from a series of auctions of Hollywood memorabilia. The only thing the text mentions about it is that it is "Darth Vader's light-saber from Star Wars". From the photos in the article it looks like the auction was a blend of fan-made items, vintage posters and publicity material, and maybe a few authentic screen-used items (see the costume from Captain Marvel).

It's interesting that it seems to be made from a flash attachment:

Famous Monsters Lightsaber No 171 Pg 15 Closeup.jpg

Famous Monsters Lightsaber No 171 Pg 15.jpgFamous Monsters Lightsaber No 171 Pg 18.jpg

I've attached a scan of the main page from the article and the page that contains the text with the description.

Cheers,

Dave

Interesting! Looks like a King Sol style button on the side, but that box on the top reminds me of a Busch flash. I wish it were more clear. It doesn't look like anything close to any of the nearly dozen Vader sabers we can catch sight of onscreen.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back