Fallout x-01 FOAM armor file

JeepGuy

My daughter wants me to build her an X-01 suite of armor from the Fallout series. I have searched and searched but cannot find one.

Does anyone have (or know where I can get) and X-01 armor foam file please???

Thanks

The etsy stuff just looks like paper files.... not gonna throw money away on that, but thx. Decided to go my hand at modifying pepa files to foam...11.5hrs and over 300 sheets of letter cardstock later (including the view pics), I think I did a decent job...we'll see when I try to start building it :)

I've just finished a complete X-01 armour unfolded in Armoursmith. Made from the game model and all bits to scale together. -Working on a foam version at the moment with it - oh m wife is going to kill me for how much foam I will need.

lol...I'm sure. Still finishing my Space Marine build...so far about 20 2'x2' pieces used. Still have the shield, plasma pistol and chainsword to do.

Don't know what Ill need for the X-01 armor. Just gonna figure on about the same and go from there.

Isn't the Pep .pdo file a paper file as you mentioned? I'm new but I just convert the .pdo file to a .pdf adjust scale and print, I've built several items and they all assemble fine...I just have to make sure I do an inside or outside cuts to make the joining pieces bevel correctly... Did I miss something?

Quantum Stan, kinda yes, kinda no (mostly no). Paper files kind of follow the rules of the polygons that it's created with...that's why pieces are shaped and sized the way they are. (This is also why, if you compare paper file to foam files, they are MASSIVELY different). To convert the files for foam use, you need to go thru each file, and determine the best way to cut/assemble each piece, creating a file with a minimal number of pieces, all the while maintaining the items integrity and appearance. I ended up spending about 14hrs recreating each piece to where i was satisfied that what I had would work. Even then, when I built the boot (for example), I ended up having to go back and make a few of mods.

The x0-1 armor has been on hold due to other priorities, but I'm hoping to get back on it here pretty soon.

On a side note, for me personally, I don't print my files as pdf. I print directly from Pepakura Designer in Letter format with a 4mm border. After arranging the pieces as I see fit, I save the Pep file as a Pep file and start printing. So much easier if I have to go back and make a change.

Quantum Stan, kinda yes, kinda no (mostly no). Paper files kind of follow the rules of the polygons that it's created with...that's why pieces are shaped and sized the way they are. (This is also why, if you compare paper file to foam files, they are MASSIVELY different). To convert the files for foam use, you need to go thru each file, and determine the best way to cut/assemble each piece, creating a file with a minimal number of pieces, all the while maintaining the items integrity and appearance. I ended up spending about 14hrs recreating each piece to where i was satisfied that what I had would work. Even then, when I built the boot (for example), I ended up having to go back and make a few of mods.

The x0-1 armor has been on hold due to other priorities, but I'm hoping to get back on it here pretty soon.

On a side note, for me personally, I don't print my files as pdf. I print directly from Pepakura Designer in Letter format with a 4mm border. After arranging the pieces as I see fit, I save the Pep file as a Pep file and start printing. So much easier if I have to go back and make a change.

Very good Thanks for clarifying, so your speaking of the unfold portion, got it...I tried both pdf and pdo seems the pdo is larger in physical size, maybe just me. I save the file as well because I go in and eliminate a lot of cuts and preform a "join" edit, then use undercuts to make the bevel the pattern needs...sometimes the "join" does not work so I edit again. I'll try a print direct from the pdo file and see how it works out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back