Fallout Nuka Cola Caps Fallout 76 / Fallout 4

Gundamsam

Hi all,
First proper post here so be gentle!

So i've been making a few things here and there, but just for a bit of fun i've been trying to make some realistic looking rusty Nuka Cola caps.

I work as a sign maker by trade and have access to some pretty awesome stuff to play with and have free reign of during breaks and out of work time. So i thought this might be a perfect opportunity to use our UV ink printer.

I do like a bit of a drink so i've started saving some bottle caps.

SOOOOO ONWARD!

i started just but spraying red acrylic paint from our workshop on to a test cap, and started a test print, nothing special i just checked out out "Brandsoftheworld" to get a quick vector file to test.

Heres my first color test and print test on the first "Trial" cap, which im fairly happy about. Color red seem pretty good, although i think i went a little too "white" on the graphic. if this is supposed to be old ill reprint in a more ivory color on the next one. I also started trying to beat up the cap a little just to give more of a worn look.
https://imgur.com/a/7k7UiNI https://imgur.com/a/kfxOIjX

Attachments

• 20181002_131458.jpg
    20181002_131458.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 434
  • 20181002_132839.jpg
    20181002_132839.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 499
So being as i has some free time at work i sprayed up 20 more caps, changed the UV print color to more of a sort white / ivory color which should be more suited to an antiquey look.

same as before i bashed them up a bit, but we do have some rust activator in work which we use on some of our signs so thought why not give this a go on some nuka cola caps, i mean they are supposed to be out in the wilderness and old and beat up right?

on goes the activator and to leave them over night to "Dry" up so the rust doesnt just wipe off

20181003_172027.jpg20181004_104211.jpg20181004_104216.jpg20181004_171509.jpg

Dude those are fantastic. But I’m going to have to report you to the BOS for producing counterfeit currency :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the kind words, this was more the first batch i've put through and the second is more where i wanted to get them.
definitely will be looking to make more rusty, rat look items. just need more inspiration to try and make things. possibly Mentants tin packets?

Heres some of the next batch with more surface "haze" rust 20181006_114841.jpg20181006_114935.jpg

Wow these caps look amazing! Have you considered making them in other colors then just red? If you have the time and are willing i might wanna buy a couple of you!

Lookin' great! I wouldn't worry about printing them too white (unless they actually aren't), because when you weather them (like you did with the rust), they'll get darker.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back