Fallout New Vegas Desert Helmet (pep-files)

Wow. That takes some serious papercraft patience! Is there any particular reason why you didn't use an existing military helmet and just make the non-helmet parts? I think I've seen helmets like that before.

I started this, and it's quite a project. I'm excited to get it finished, but I've still got 2 and a half pages to score and cut out for just the mask section, and I've been working on it for 2 days. It's definitely not a beginner model!

It's going to turn out great though. Thanks for making the file, Nexxt. Fantastic job on both the pep file and your mask/helmet!

I'm going to be filing this one for future use. This is one of the things I really want to make but I had better wait until I'm just a bit more skilled.

-Jim

I'm probably asking a dumb question I'm sure,but is there a way to switch the paper size of your files to letter size without the patterns being cut off? Like a different layout with just more pages to fit everything?

I'm probably asking a dumb question I'm sure,but is there a way to switch the paper size of your files to letter size without the patterns being cut off? Like a different layout with just more pages to fit everything?

You have to use Pep Designer, which allows you to open the file, change the paper size and move sections or pieces of the model around. The Designer is not free but its not too expensive if you want to gain some options that are not available with the Pep Viewer.

...why you didn't use an existing military helmet and just make the non-helmet parts? I think I've seen helmets like that before.
Maybe it will be easy, but I prefer to make game model form instead of search prototype. And I think, that sides of my helmet will be closer to head than any real army helmet (no need space for support belts and cap comforter).

It's definitely not a beginner model!.. Thanks for making the file, Nexxt. Fantastic job on both the pep file and your mask/helmet!
Yes, but it was my first pepakura project. I hope your prop turns great!

how did you make the center part of the voice amp?
PVC disc (around 20 mm diameter) and metal mesh from kitchen sieve.

...could you post a high res image of the helmet decals ?
Not now, maybe later.

...is there a way to switch the paper size of your files to letter size without the patterns being cut off?
Sorry, i haven't time for this. Maybe you can cut off the A4 (297x210 mm) sheets from bigger sheets? Or you can use Pepakura Designer to rearrange my files?

Last edited:
Antenna (white PVC). Standard wifi-router's antenna to compare sizes. Added switcher and LED-cluster (9V) in module on helmet.

Priming and adding details.

Metal fitting doesn't look similar to game model. Remade it.

I used neodymium magnets to fix front side and tail of mask together.

Helmet. Making of mold. Silicone (green Silastic C and purple V), plastipaste, plasticine.

1. Borders and suport.

2. First half.

2. Second half.

Ready

Antenna. Making of mold. Silicone (green Silastic C), PVC, plasticine.

Air filter module. Making of mold. Silicone (blue Mold Max 30), plasticine.

Test casts:

Back to the mask: add elements, a lot of elements on tail part (PVC, milliput).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back