[Fallout] NCR Helmet First Attempt

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by zanthious, May 11, 2012.

1. zanthious

zanthious New Member

Hey,

So i decided to try my first attempt at pepakura models to build the NCR Veteran Helmet. I grabbed the pep off the net, made by a guy named Hugh. Was interesting, i put a few days into it and kind of knew i was going to mess this up as this was probably a little more complex then a beginner pep. Overall i learned alot about how pep works and im sure ill blow up quite a ton more of these but i really dont think it came out that horrible. I will probably still try to resin this and bondo it, If i destroy it no biggie ill make another or find something else to kill some time with. Any tips on how to finish this up without destroying it 10 min into covering it in resin?? I havent decided what all to use and thought i would ask. Here is the pic of it. I messed up, but i tend to mess up the first go around. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

3. zanthious

zanthious New Member

Thanks man, I was thinking it would have looked worse when i was eyeing the seperate pieces. Granted the picture makes it hard to see some flaws. I will keep at it, sooner or later it will be what i want. ;)

4. ComedicHistory

ComedicHistory Active Member

YES. Please keep updating, this is one of my all-time favorite helmets....and that's coming from a die-hard SW fan ;-P I can't wait to watch this evolve!

5. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It looks ok on my phone. If you do not like it, you can always try again now that you have more experience and you know some things to avoid.

Sent from my Apple Newton

6. zanthious

zanthious New Member

Well i resined and now started adding the bondo. I sanded a little bit of the edges off the helmet. I noticed when i was resining the outside that it was eating the hotglue in some places and the helmet is coming apart in the ear section where the equipment is attached. Thinking i should have left those off till after ooops. ;)

The bondo is going on thicker then i want though.

[​IMG]

7. coopergirl94

coopergirl94 New Member

this is impresive cant wait to see more

8. Faillen

Faillen New Member

looks amazing! I need to see how it evolves!! =D

9. gregwarner

gregwarner New Member

Looks good. Is this pretty much on a 1:1 scale?