Fallout Laser Rifle Build (By a 13 year old :D!)

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Vault111, Aug 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Vault111

Vault111 New Member

Hey Everyone, I just finished up on my AER-9 Laser Rifle that I'd been working on for months now, so I decided to post the progress pictures here :D
    Sorry for the first 2 pictures being oriented incorrectly :unsure
    Here's the very first rough cut of the lower body of the stock
    kkR5Jy.jpg
    Added grips/main chamber/barrel
    gzQ0mU.jpg
    Here's the gun with the foregrip, the part before the foregrip gets width added, and the barrel shroud was added
    AhEEHw.jpg
    The back barrel got the cover it has, with the hole that holds the microfusion cell
    3KzSv1.jpg
    I roughly shaped the Apoxie Sculpt in the back
    hp34Zt.jpg
    Here's the grip made from heat formed styrene with the downward-protrudent part in the front
    P2ntIp.jpg
    And a good picture of the (old :/) reloading lever, trigger, and the styrene shroud of the downward protrudent piece in the front
    5g6hY5.jpg
    And all primed now, with the varying sized dowel at the bottom :D!
    AYKsjv.jpg
    I don't have a picture of the metallic paint added, but this is it all masked off and ready for the olive paint!
    Ifu8ZT.jpg
    After the metallic and olive paint (oh yeah, not to mention the styrene/apoxie sculpt barrel shroud with cheek rest)
    w1DMC2.jpg
    All decals added, some painted by spray paint, some glued and coated with super glue, and the painted microfusion cell
    oV0E2f.jpg
    And now all there's left to do is weather it! 200 years and one nuclear apocalypse later and...
    SjTOwV.jpg
    And time for some outdoor beauty shots :D!
    Iy7gW6.jpg
    PcynDM.jpg
    JdqiHC.jpg
    Oayi7N.jpg
    And that's all for now! I'm unsure how I'll add the rod at the top, but I'll add that some other time, and I may update the reloading lever to the style that we've seen in Fallout 4, but that's all for now, and I'd your opinions and comments on it! Thanks, and have a nice day!

Attached Files:

2. joberg

joberg Master Member

You're 13 and you've cooked us some mighty prop there! "The future looks bright with this one";) Looking forward to your next prop.

3. Gewn

Gewn Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great work, bud! Impressive craftsmanship for any age. I look forward to seeing other props you make.

4. Ufaild

Ufaild New Member

Hey mate, great build, curious what the dimensions of the main body are, I'm gearing up to make one myself to hang in the wall and that's the only thing holding me up

Cheers

5. taeyounglee254

taeyounglee254 New Member

Dude you are amazing, you might be looking at a future career! Keep up the good work bud!

6. Vault111

Vault111 New Member

Thanks a ton for the kind words guys :D!

7. kwalsh0000

kwalsh0000 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sweet jebus, your already better than me! Great work!