Fallout Laser Pistol

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was a commissioned piece that I just finished. For some reason it was a real struggle building this thing. I think I built every part of this gun twice (four times for the battery holder).

It's mostly made from MDF with some styrene and resin details.

82.jpg

83.jpg

By the client's request, it has a trigger activated light (custom rig by VooDoo FX) and sound (recordable greeting card electronics with the video game sound loaded onto it).

90.jpg

Here's where I put the little speaker.

62.jpg

I also made two resin batteries that can be loaded into the battery door.

85.jpg

52.jpg

The back is held in place by magnets so you can get in to change the batteries.

84.jpg

A few more detail shots and a full WIP is on me blog!

The battery packs are a great touch! It may have been a struggle, but it sure looks like it was worth it! :thumbsup

That is fantastic! It would be awesome as just a solid resin prop but with the lights, sounds, and moving parts it's just over the top!

As a huge Fallout fan I'd love to have one of those.

Great work :)

The battery packs are a great touch! It may have been a struggle, but it sure looks like it was worth it! :thumbsup

I agree! This thing is really cool. I hate when builds go like that. I've had a couple where it was measure twice, cut once, build twice, measure again, then build again. :lol

just read about the build on your blog, and all i can say is: freaking sweet thing!

i also followed your WIP on twitter. when i first saw these battery packs, i thought there are real batteries in, and the electronic components will only work when you plug the pack in...now THAT would have been great :lol

but anyway, great prop!

Thanks, all! The Twitter feed is fun to see all the screw-ups. The blog filters all that out to make me look like I know what I'm doing!:lol

The Twitter feed is fun to see all the screw-ups. The blog filters all that out to make me look like I know what I'm doing!:lol
It's just good to know that the people who look like they know what they're doing have as many problems as those of us just starting out. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back