Fallout 4 (The Last Minute) AKA Gauss Rifle

SpartanBricks

So, yeah. The Gauss Rifle from Fallout 4!
The rifle took a little over two months and countless hours to complete. Seriously though, I've got to start keeping track of my hours. :p
Anyhow, the frame of the gun and the majority of the details are made from cardboard. Though the blue plate on the top, the copper coils, the stock and the handle all are EVA foam. The gun was 100% hand painted. I used several colors of Citadel acrylic paints, and some Testors enamel model paint. The rust is REAL rusty iron. I bought a pound of fine iron powder on Ebay.com and glued it on where I thought rust would be.
If you're not familiar with this process, KamuiCosplay used it on her Gauss Rifle prop and her Fallout armor. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wvVQ-ojNo

Speaking of KamuiCosplay, she and Bill Doran (of Punished Props) were the main inspiration for making this gun. If it wasn't for them and their awesome videos, I do't think I would have been able to finish it.

For the "nixie tube" display in the back of the gun, I used two non-functioning radio tubes. The capacitors were cast in resin from a silicone mold that I made. The gun features 8 of them. I would have put in twelve but they're fairly heavy and I was trying to keep the weight down.
And lastly, the rifle is 39 and a half inches long and 3.8 pounds. Being the biggest (in size and weight), so far... ;)

1st 2.0.JPG1.JPG12.JPG

Well, that's pretty much it. Thanks for looking, I really appreciate it!
Tell what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back