Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Haha yeah, I absolutely love the pip boy deluxe! Stiff price, but totally worth it! And thanks! Really proud of these! Wouldn't have made it possible if it wasn't for Ghostminion's talent and work! So I am sorry if you see me thank him a million times haha!

Oh it is definitely a hefty price to pay haha, I had to mull it over for a long while before pulling the trigger but it was so worth it. I question a few of the design decisions of thinkgeek on it but I fixed all of those already.

Wasteland embellishments. Flair for the pre-war pop culture conscious scavenger.

IMG_20170827_130517878.jpg

I'm collecting info to start my laser rifle and wanted some input. I'm going to attempt to make it so it breaks down so later I could add mods to it. A couple sections like the barrel and stock section have fins that stick up above where a part would hook on. I'm assuming the receiver section (with fusion cell) would sit in that "fin" that sticks up. Or is that just to keep the 3D model together? Any ideas? Here's the barrel with the section I'm referring to highlighted in the red square. I'm thinking putting a slot on the bottom of the receiver would make a plausible place to connect the parts.

rDkZMmw.jpg

I'm collecting info to start my laser rifle and wanted some input. I'm going to attempt to make it so it breaks down so later I could add mods to it. A couple sections like the barrel and stock section have fins that stick up above where a part would hook on. I'm assuming the receiver section (with fusion cell) would sit in that "fin" that sticks up. Or is that just to keep the 3D model together? Any ideas? Here's the barrel with the section I'm referring to highlighted in the red square. I'm thinking putting a slot on the bottom of the receiver would make a plausible place to connect the parts.

https://i.imgur.com/rDkZMmw.jpg

The fin overlaps the rest of the model, when it's all together. That part would need to be trimmed off, or a hey hole in the receiver for it to fit into would need to be made. It's the same for the fin directly below the one you put the red box around. That tooth looking part off of the bottom will need to be dealt with, as it too overlaps in the game mesh.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it anywhere else yet, but Spirit Halloween released their own version of the Pip-boy 3000 Mk. 4. It is, as you'd expect, not great, however it might be a nice base to modify. And it has kind of a neat lenticular screen effect.

The fin overlaps the rest of the model, when it's all together. That part would need to be trimmed off, or a hey hole in the receiver for it to fit into would need to be made. It's the same for the fin directly below the one you put the red box around. That tooth looking part off of the bottom will need to be dealt with, as it too overlaps in the game mesh.

So is it intentional though or just how their model holds together? If it supposed to be how the "real" gun fits together, I want to keep it.

So is it intentional though or just how their model holds together? If it supposed to be how the "real" gun fits together, I want to keep it.

Well, ALL models in the Fallout games (basically any 3d open world game) are this way. They are shapes that overlap, there is no actual "holding together". They just float in their place. The overlapping is common, this is one of the challenges I face when I refine the models for printing, getting all the meshes to fit together.

Also, I wouldn't say it's how it's supposed to fit like a real gun, especially considering this is a totally fiction weapon platform. Hard to compare with real firearms.

Are you trying to make the barrels interchangeable? If not, I'd remove the extra stuff that overlaps, maybe clip it where it meets the receiver.

Yeah I'm thinking about having it break down how the mods in the game do. I was hoping those sections were not how a real version would be. It's kind of hard to see how the receiver would hook to the stock section without it though. Obviously the stock looks like it fits with the barrel using pins or something, but nothing clear on the receiver other than that tab that sticks up. So that might be the best way to go. I might just assume that's how they wanted it and then blame it on Bethesda if anyone critiques my prop. :lol

If I do this I think I'm just going to have a slot to sit on and maybe use magnets or something to keep it stuck on. The only problem I see is that the spot where the stock connects to the front barrel (see pic below). The area where it looks like the front barrel screws (bottom) to the stock section and pins(?) to the top are too thin to fit the stock section that it attaches to (if that makes sense?). So if it was modular, like it's supposed to work, I'd have to fudge that and make the part a little thicker. I'd have to see how noticeable it was. Ignore my messy photo skills removing the game background. :lol Hit "View" on the pic to see the full pic.

dW8azLS.jpg

Hey has anyone figured out a way to make the fusion cell ejector work? Part of me wants to make it work and the other part says it's not worth messing with. :lol I may just make a spring loaded "contact" that will hold the cell in from the side of the cell with the hole.

I would have no idea how to make this work to be honest haha!

I wanted to give an update on a few more items I have now ^^

I have finished the Abraxo and Sugar bombs designs, and got my filed printed

xT7dRHq.jpg

And here are my set of keys finished as well :)

SiQ2yCj.jpg

And my new pipe pistol made by facetoface! I might change the tape on it, as I think it's meant to be wider ^^

8lh0L86.jpg

Hey guys, I just wanted to show my most recent build (literally finished it an hour ago) with experimenting with weathering, mostly making it look rusty.

So here's my standard 10mm pistol.

Fallout 4 10mm Finished.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back