Fallout 4 Nuka Cola Bottle Set

mwmuir12

Hello everybody, I just wanted to make quick thread about the Nuka Cola bottles I just finished. I spent a lot of time looking through other threads and other sites for reference and how other people have made these bottles and thought I would show what I've learned if anyone else is looking for more reference.

All three of there are 3D printed and painted. The Nuka Cola and Nuka Cherry were painted with normal acrylics and a glassy top coat then weathered with more acrylics. The Nuka Cola Quantum was printed in a clear plastic and smoothed with XTC 3D tinted blue. The idea was to just use the blue tint for the color but after a few coats it was clear the tint didn't hide the print lines well enough. I ended up painting a translucent white airbrush paint to diffuse the light, followed with a translucent blue. Had I had more time for this project I would have spent more time testing dilutions of the blue to achieve a lighter blue that is more accurate but overall I'm happy with the finish
IMG_2344.JPG

In the quantum I installed four white, diffused LED's and wired them to a 3V coin battery holder and a on/off switch which protrudes from the back. The bottle also snaps together in the center under the label so the internals can be accessed.

IMG_2342.JPGIMG_2506.JPGIMG_2410.JPG

The labels were drawn in inkscape and printed on a normal inkjet printer and sealed with the same clear gloss as the bottles, then weathered. Because the labels are paper and they are going on a rounded surface there were creases but I used them to simulate water damage.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
Awesome job! Have you thought about making molds of these and casting them in a resin? What material did you use for the print? I really like the electronics you put in. Excellent work.

Thank you! I have absolutely thought about that, the only reason I didn't do that for this project is I didn't have the budget at the time for all of that silicone. I'm working on a few other projects now, but at some point in the near future I definitely want to come back and at least mold and cast the quantum to see what lighting effects I can get with that. The quantum was printed in clear t-glase and the other two were printed in standard PLA

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back