Fallout 4 Missile Launcher

TWWProps

Hi all. Here are some pics from my build of the Fallout 4 missile launcher. Well, my first build. I've been learning a lot from it, and I definitely want to make another one that fixes some of the issues I've run up against. Why I decided to make one of my first big EVA foam weapon builds something cylindrical, I'll never know.

So I started by drawing out the blueprints. I use Inkscape for that, since I'm too cheap to spring for Illustrator. It works well enough, though I do miss some features and since I'm used to Illustrator, it takes me a while to hunt out certain tools. (Please excuse the crappy cell phone shot of my monitor.) I'm not 100% happy with the blueprint, some of the proportions need to be rejigged, but it was definitely a good place to start.

IMG_0151.JPG

I started by building out the body of the launcher. For a long time it looked like a rocket wearing a corset.
IMG_0243.JPG

From there, I built all the doodads that go onto the body. The plan is to keep them separate until after they're painted, so that's not quite so unwieldy. The foam I used was a bit too think in places. Something to do differently next time around!

IMG_0242.jpg

Here's what it looks like with the doodads on it:

IMG_0251.jpg

Next up: paint!!!

(This is my first build thread. I still need to master the interface...)

Looks the business! Tubes are a pain in the arse with foam so you definitely pulled it off well. Don't forget a bit of dirt and grime along with the rust and rub n buff!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Yeah, I hadn't realized how much a pain it was going to be, and the 1/2 inch foam I used was definitely not what I would call cooperative. The seams are pretty janky, but they're on the bottom and filled as best I could, and definitely a big reason why I want to build another one. There's always room for improvement.

Here's the final deal! It came out pretty well once all was said and done. I have some things to improve for the next one, but this is definitely good enough for my stepson to hang up in his room. I think I've cornered "Stepmom of the Year" on this one.

IMG_0275.jpgIMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg
Its hard to see here, but I made a missile head and put it down the barrel. Next step, make more ammo!!
IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0279.jpgIMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0284.jpgIMG_0287.jpg

Mental note for the next thread: Take all my pics landscape... RPF doesn't seem to like portrait.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back