Fallout 4 Laser Pistol

RATCHET

Here is what I made today. It's made from foam board, craft foam, pink insulation foam, a poker chip, Sintra and various bits of junk. All I did was scale the image in Microsoft paint and used that as my schematic to build this. I only had one image to work from so I had to use my imagination on a few areas but all in all I think It came out okay. Hope y'all like it!

I think you did a fantastic job on this. :thumbsup one question please. were's the poker chip used? just curious..

The poker chip is used on the positive side of the microfusion cell cradle. You can kind of see it in the third image.

Yes, in one day. Well, actually 8 hours but I consider that a day. I forgot to add that I used DAP light weight spackle to fill in any gaps and the exposed edges of the foam board. And googly eyes, gotta love them googly eyes! Haha. It's painted metallic gunmetal gray, olive drab, sterling silver, licorice, then it was black washed and rub-n-buff was applied.

Hey, I've never built any props before and I was wondering if you planned on making it out of metal and rubber or silicon, I plan on making a mock up out of foam like you but not painting it and seeing if I can't transfer the foam parts into metal and silicon parts ( just to give it the "real deal" feel). Great job on this, I can't wait till I can start making mine!

thank you for posting a pic of the gun on a big grid!

You make the lives of anyone else trying to make this soooo much easier.

*NOTE: There is no tears of joy smiley that I can find*

looks amazing. could you please post some more pics? i'm making my own, and i was wondering if the top part is one main piece with pieces attached, or if it was separate.
and are the measurements in inches? thanks

Holy hell. You made that in a day? Incredible. It would take me a week just to do the plans. Hmm, maybe I'd better talk to someone about OCD... anyway, well done.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back