Fallout: 3D Printed Power Armor Helmets UPDATED 12/2/2018

Re: Fallout 3: 3D Printed Power Armor Helmets

Still wish they had stuck with the old style format, but wasteland 2 sated that need for the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hell yeah f4 :p

I'll say one thing, it's about time they announced it officially. That hoax crap was really getting on my nerves.

As far as the builds go, I do have some good news. Just finally got my pressure casting set up ready. Gonna have a few of the smaller parts for T51 ready to mold in the next couple weeks, then I can pressure cast them proper. :cool Progress continues daily with the main shell for T51, more pics coming soon (as well as an interest thread).

I hear that. I'm freaking out I'm so damn happy.

Gonna be double timing it with the helmet builds. I wanna be playing 4 while wearing a T-45d lid. :lol

Man, i need your APA helmet or im gonna riot :D BTW Don't mind if i show you my progress on the second project?
Zdj?cie0755 — kopia.jpg

Man, i need your APA helmet or im gonna riot :D BTW Don't mind if i show you my progress on the second project?
View attachment 485041

Don't mind at all, that looks freakin' great!!! Keep it up.

Yeah, I swear I saw two dudes walking in APA armor in the trailer. It's a brief shot, but it has the overall shape of APA armor. I would LOVE it if it were in fact in the game.

Regardless, yes, I'll be working to get the APA helmet printed ASAP. My extreme fandom and excitement for the new game just lit a fire under my ass I just can't ignore. So be ready. ;)

so glad to see that you are doing the t51b (which is my favorite helmet!) justice!

so glad to see that you are doing the t51b (which is my favorite helmet!) justice!

Yes sir, justice will be done! :lol This one is my favorite as well. Can't wait to see more of the newer look for both BoS helmets in the new game, but I'm especially looking forward to seeing the newer T-51b.

And yeah, we'll be doing those as well. ;)

Anyhow, haven't done much with the main shell this week, I've been working on the optics bracket and head lamp assembly parts. Hope to have some nice pretty pics this weekend, stay tuned.

Took a short break from the main shell of T-51b to work on the ear/optics bracket. The parts are set up so the bracket can rotate up and down slightly. The fit is good, and the parts are nice and smooth and ready to be polished for casting. :) I'm excited to finally be casting some parts for this project!

optics bracket 1.jpg

optics bracket 2.jpg

I'll be working a little on the head lamp assembly and the main shell tonight and tomorrow, more pics to come.

Last edited:

Well guys, looks like the helmet in the trailer for the new game is not T-45d with a "new look". From the footage shown at Bethesda's E3 event, it appears the newer helmet is called T-60b. They show several if you look closely in the demo, you can clearly see T-51, the T-45 from F3, the newer looking T-60b and one labeled X-01 mk II (which appears to be the APA helmet).

View attachment 489634

Yeah, that's APA but MK2.

What's the mk II? The way I understood it, the Advanced Power Armor from F2 was called the mk 1 and the Advanced Armor from F3 was the mk II.

Although...........wasn't the APA from F2 originally called the mk II?

- - - Updated - - -

And about T-60/b looks like the same family as T-45........

Indeed it does. Seems almost like a fusion of T-45 and T-51, sort of. Or at least, in regards to the front hoses.

What's the mk II? The way I understood it, the Advanced Power Armor from F2 was called the mk 1 and the Advanced Armor from F3 was the mk II.

Although...........wasn't the APA from F2 originally called the mk II?

In FO2 you can find APA MKI and MKII. ;) Same looking but better stats "This powered armor appears to be composed entirely of lightweight ceramic composites, rather than the usual combination of metal, and ceramic plates. It seems as though it should give even more protection than the standard, advanced power armor.".
Dunno why but Beth redesign them in FO3 to r******d batman.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah not a fan of the enclave helmet :/ the inferno does look nice though ;p

...........Dunno why but Beth redesign them in FO3......

......yeah not a fan of the enclave helmet..........

Honestly, I have always loved how the Enclave Armor is different looking than the Army Power Armor. Seemed more believable that it was post war armor.

Pretty much the only Power Armor I don't like is that crap from Fallout Tactics. Other than that, I like them all!

Wow man we are the opposite there! I thought the enclave armor was just a poor re-imagining of the fallout tactics armor! I was even gonna ask if you were gonna make the tactics helmet :p

Wow man we are the opposite there! I thought the enclave armor was just a poor re-imagining of the fallout tactics armor! I was even gonna ask if you were gonna make the tactics helmet :p

Yeah, I always thought the Tactics Armor looked weird to be BoS armor, didn't fit the Army Power Armor look at all. Seemed like it would have been a better Enclave Armor, but hey, that's just me.

To be clear, I enjoyed all the games, still having trouble getting into Tactics though, but I do like it. I, just like all Fallout fans, have my chapters that are preferred. I myself lean harder towards F3, but I very much enjoyed the others as well. Keep in mind, I started with F3.

To each his own for sure, and to those that have their preferences, live by them. :)

As for a Tactics helmet.............well, never say never. It was not in my plans, but...............seems like I may want it one day to have in the collection, once I have a collection. We'll see. ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back