Fallout 3/New Vegas First aid kit

JJNILES

Hi guys I am looking at making my first Replica Prop. As i'm sure many of you guys know the Games Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas have a very distinctive wall mounted first aid kits, I have always wanted one to put in my bathroom as a functional first aid kit. apparently the design for the Kit is based almost entirely on the prewar German m/42 Antitank mine transport case. I have found a few good reference pictures but unfortunately there is nothing I can use as a scale to start designing the box. if anyone has a recommendation on how to go about getting some usable dimensions, I could relay use some help.

Also I am thinking of possibly 3D Printing the box, but that is dependent on the final size of the model. I will be making a full CAD model in fusion 360 if anyone wants a copy when I'm done i will post the file for free.

I would normally be in favor of just buying the original Mine Case, and painting it to match the game, but the only listing I have seen was on ebay and the seller was asking bout $500 for it.

Here are the references i have been able to find

download (1).jpgGerman_Tellermine_35_at_the_Imperial_War_Museum.jpglarge_000000.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (10).jpgs-l1600.jpg

It's for a Tellermine. The mine should be something like 12 3/4" wide and 4" tall without the little cap on top. Should fit snug inside the can so, I'd try and scale it from that.

Some comments: If you are willing to 3d print it, it sounds like you are not looking for a perfect replica, so why not just scale it to whatever makes sense? You could also ask the seller on eBay if he'd measure it for you. I don't know what your experiences with 3D printing are, but in my experience, you wouldn't be happy with the product. FDM machines usually leave lines that require a lot of work and if you print the hinges, there's a good chance they will break. Could take a lot of work, just to wind up with a plastic case instead of a sheet metal case. SLA would have a nicer finish, but it would still require lots of extra work. Anyway, that's my $0.02.

Good luck. Looks like a pretty cool project.

lilykill has modeled this one. https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-fallout-3-first-aid-box-23498

12.75 - 13" width if you're looking for correct scale but compare in game objects to it for game size. The Fallout universe is notorious for incorrectly rescaling real world objects. If your OCD requires the real thing, keep an eye on hutto.net, the Finnish mashup of ebay and craigslist, or ebay.de. If you can find an actual Tellermine 43 casing there, you'll likely see a box show up at some point. I believe the Tellermine 42 was the inspiration for the frag mine in the game as well.

https://www.huuto.net/kohteet/harjoitustelamiina-tellermine-43/466836064

Scratch that - there's one here - its missing one of the hasps but its that post nuclear patina. All yours for the low, low price of $170 :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-German-Box-for-Tmi35-or-Tmi42-WWII/263532783758

Last edited:
well its been about five years sense I started this project. Sense then I have acquired a 3D Printer and have been getting better at modeling. and finally have something to show. I have modeled the case in Fusion 360. I'm going to Print the case then start designing the letches and carry handle. hopefully it will be less than 5 years before the next update.

As promised here is the Thingiverse link to check them out for yourself.
Fallout New Vegas Firstaid Kit by jniles

Hope you all enjoy.

First Aid Case v1.png
First Aid Case v1.1.png

Last edited:
Okay,

I have continued developing the Fallout 3/NV First Aid Kit. added a version with a shelf to make it more useful as a wall mounted first aid kit. Also added the wall mounts I think they are going to be strong enough, but testing will be necessary. I will be adding rivet holes for the hedges, carry handle, and a cable stop to keep the lid from swinging free when opened.

Based on my still developing skills as a designer I am waiting on designing the latches and handle until I have a Full scale case printed. My current goal is to print it as large as my printer will allow which is around 10"x10"x4.5". I did print a 3" subscale version of the case to test the overhangs, which came out pretty good.

Hopefully I will have the 10" version printed over the weekend, assuming my new filament comes in on time.

Test Print.jpg

FIrst Aid Kit 2.0 top.PNG
FIrst Aid Kit 2.0.PNG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back